1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss and Half ton Chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by SilverBoss, Oct 17, 2009.

1. SilverBoss

SilverBoss Junior Member

I just recently bought a 7' 6" Boss V plow, I will be getting the plow on the truck very soon. I would like some input on what I should do to my truck before mounting the plow. O my truck is a 2004 Chevy Silverado half ton with a 3" body lift and 33inch Tires.

Thanks

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

lift

you need to make sure that who ever mounts the plow gets the height on the mount set right 15 1/2 inches from ground level surface to the center of the pin hole on the push beam .and the poly wedge that helps set the height and the edges lay flat . :)

3. SilverBoss

SilverBoss Junior Member

Thanks Wild Bill, im also looking for input on suspension, and weight distibuting?????????????????????

4. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

Same plow on my 04 Chev CC 1500. So far, so good with timbrens up front and ~600lbs of ballast behind the rear wheels.

5. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

boss

timbrens are a definite plus on any truck but you should still have a 2950 lb gross front Axel capacity also .and like big cat Say's put the weight behind the rear wheel's ,i use tube sand about 8 bags .you can make a wood frame to lay down in the bottom of the bed to keep them from sliding when they freeze .:waving:

6. STREETGLIDE

STREETGLIDE Member
    from OHIO

I just put a myers 7.5 on my 1/2 ton 1500 and so far so good. This plow was made for the 1500, It only weighs 560 lbs

7. Bigcat99

Bigcat99 Senior Member

The Boss 7-6 V weighs in at a little over 700 lbs. Including the mount, you're talking about 790 lbs.