1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss add-on wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mrlawnworks, Oct 19, 2015.

1. mrlawnworks

mrlawnworks Junior Member

While Ive owned a Boss 7'6" super duty for years, I always sub'd by commercial snow work but this year Ive been trapped into a couple of office buildings that owner insists I do personally....honestly I would consider myself a rookie compared to many of you on this site
    Any opinions on the addon wings Boss offers for about $800 installed?
    Im told they add about 22" and should not be on when driving...but that they are put on or taken off in seconds......any opinions are most welcome...thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If your handy, you can do the install yourself.
    Wings will save you some time that's for sure

3. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

We have a set on our 8 ft Boss straight blade and they help a lot. Not sure why they say not to run them down the road.

4. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Probably so that for the one in a million time when they come off and cause a horrible accident while someone is driving with them on they can't be blamed.

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

You're productivity will increase by aboot 25% with wings, since you have a 7.5' blade the extra width shouldn't be a problem on the road as long as you angle the blade while running down the road.

Installing Boss wings is about a 1hr <> job, you shouldn only have to drill 4 holes and no special tools are needed.

Link to Boss video showing how to install wings.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoRm2Ts6ZbU#t=43

Link to Boss Wings manual and installation instructions.
    http://www.bossplow.com/content/servicecenter/documents/msc08030c.pdf

6. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

They tell you to take the wings off because it is actually illegal in most states to run with them on because of clearance and weight restrictions. Here in Wisconsin, it is illegal to have the old style mounts that stay on the truck year round because of accidents and the severity of them with plowing equipment.