1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 9'2'' XT V-Plow fit on a Ford F350 Diesel??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by ff610, Jan 9, 2009.

1. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

I'm trying to put a 9'2'' Boss V-Plow XT on my 2004 F350 SRW and the books won't let the dealers look it up, only for a 8'2''. I was told that its because the extra weight of the Diesel, but they can look it up in a F350 Cab/Chassis. I know they're on other trucks out there. Does anyone know any more info on this? Will it fit fine etc..... Thanks

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You could put that plow on a half ton if you wanted to. The truck wouldn't carry it tho. The way the plows mount is all the same, the trucks front end weight rating is the problem. The diesels are heavier than a gas motor. You could get a mount and wiring for your truck, and put it on and put the plow on and it would be fine. Theres guys out there running 9'2'' poly vees on there crew cab duramaxs. Gm doesn't recomend anything bigger than a 7'6'' straight blade for that truck. The truck can handle it no problem. You dealer is looking at the fact of the warrenty, and the front end weight ratting. Truck will be fine with that plow IMO!
  3. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

You should not have any trouble putting the 9'2" XT on your truck. BOSS does not list it because if you have a cab full of people with the plow on you are over the front axle GVWR.
    Funny thing is, I can't ever remember having more than one person with me at any time while plowing (maybe a shoveler).
    I have ran 8'2" v-blades, 9'2" v-blades, and 8'0" Super duty straight blades with wings on our 02 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax for the past 7 years without trouble. BOSS does not even recommend any plow for this truck...Most truck damage is going to occur from operator error, not just having the plow on the front of a truck.
  4. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

your fine.....put it on and make money tell dealer he is just that a dealer.....tell boss that they are just a bunch of idiots no one would take out 6 mexicans in a plow truck to fill the cab as they suggest for the weight rating.
  5. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

Put it on. The truck will handle it fine. Put 700-800 pounds in the bed and you'll have a mean machine.