1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 9'2" VXT on a GMC 2500 Duramax CC?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FFD133, Aug 22, 2009.

1. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

Is anyone running this plow on a GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax crew cab???? Looking to buy one but don't want to tax the front end of the truck with too much weight! Thanks.

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I am not running one but in my opinion it may a be a little to heavy for that front end. My 8.5 poly meyer with wings weighs over 1000# and it does well on my 2500 hd gasser regular cab.I have the tbars cranked a few and timbrens, but with the diesel and the crewcab I think it will squat a lot. Good luck.

3. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

the truck will handle it no problem, but it won't last. Especially with the diesel.

4. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

It is possible. If you do happen to have some $$, I would upgrade the front end a bit, with things like a leveling kit (cognito), some timbrens, and some sleeved or HD tie rods, etc. How old is the truck, and how many miles??

5. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

The truck is an 03 with 75K miles on it. There has been a lot of work done to the truck including a beefed up front axle, tie rod just replaced with MOOG, ball joints, front hub bearings, and many other items. After a lot of thought, I think I am just going to get another 8'2" Boss V and stick with that. I know I won't have a problem running that, and the pay isn't any different between the 2 sizes. Thanks for the input from everyone though.

6. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

We run 9'2" xt's on 2500hd's cc long bed and short bed with no issues added Timbren's and cranked T-bars no issues for 2 years. Scott - your choice but I'd get bigger that 1' makes you faster for sure.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Why not? Mine all do just fine, and have for 200k or more miles.

8. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

lol, I need to get my mind out of the gutter.

9. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Have you asked your dealer? My dealer is able to tell me what is to heavy for my trucks and such. But since you have a beefed up front end, you would probably be alright. I would go bigger, but that may just be me. It all adds up to productivity.