1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 9'2" VXT on a 06' Mega Cab Dodge?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Diesel Bob, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Diesel Bob

Diesel Bob Member

Does anyone know if there are any issues with putting a 9'2" VXT on a 2006 2500 Dodge Mega Cab with a Cummins engine?

2. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I Cant think of any reasons why not! I have a 8'2 on a 05 Dodge Quad Cab with the cummins. I have hooked up to our 9'2 with it but never plowed with it I guess. I would recommend putting timbrens in the front end for a little extra support with that heavy motor.

3. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

ive seen on every other dodge 2500/3500 diesel worst case you need stiffer springs/timbrens/air bags or any other suspension enhancement

4. Diesel Bob

Diesel Bob Member

Thanks for the replies,

I am trying to figure out what to do because the Boss website does not offer a choice of plows for the 2500 Diesel Mega Cab because Dodge does recommend putting a plow on this truck.

I was wondering if anyone was running this setup anyway with a 8'2" or 9'2" VXT.

5. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

A few years back I remember hearing some guys on here saying that there were issues with the cabs on these truck having issues with a plow on them and having doors not opening and closing properly with a plow on them... Do a search on here

6. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

We have a 9.5 Fisher on a 3500 Cummins Mega without issues.

7. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

You will be fine I believe

8. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

BOSS doesn't recommend a 8'2" V plow for the truck in your signature either.........

9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

They don't recommend it because of liability - its over the FVWR of your truck so they can't say its recommended without possible law suits. Can the truck handle it? Sure no problem. Will it drop a good amount, yes because thats the heaviest cab configuration of the bunch. Some timbrens or Supercoils will make a nice difference and it'll be a tank to plow with.

10. Diesel Bob

Diesel Bob Member

The truck in the signature is mine and I was not worried about it because I know alot of guys running that setup with no issues.
    The Dodge is a friends and we have not seen one or know of anyone with a 8'2" or 9'2" on a Mega Cab.

Thanks for the replies.

11. Earthscapes

from WNY

You never said the Dodge was a friends LOL, put a 10' on it.

I run a 8'2"VXT with wings on my 10', same truck as yours, no issues. Though the 06' CC Duramax handles the 9'2" with wings alot better than the 10' does.

12. Diesel Bob

Diesel Bob Member

How do you like your wings? I was considering getting a set.

13. captshawn

captshawn Senior Member

Just as a FYI...I am running the truck in my signature now due to my previous truck similar to the one in your signature cracking the frame on both sides behind the upper control arms rear mounts.

14. Diesel Bob

Diesel Bob Member

I just plow my families driveways, no commercial plowing, but I will keep an eye out for that.
    Thanks.

15. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

we put sky jacker 2.5" lift springs in the front of a 2nd gen 2500, holds our 9'2" like nothing!

16. Earthscapes

from WNY

Gotta have em, I refuse to plow without them. We have a set on every plow straights & V's.