1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 9'2" V XT sppeds are very slow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by odd1or2even, Jan 17, 2011.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

It takes about 6-7 seconds to go from an inverted V, to a scooping position. From the scooping position to the inverted V it takes 3 seconds. It lowers fine, but the raising takes a little longer.

I've heard other people rave on how fast their XT's were, but I wasn't sure if adjusting the speed on the back of the tower would increase scooping, and raising speed as well. The manuals online say that it just increases/decreases the drop speed. Any help?

Thanks

PS. My 8'2" V (older style still RT3) moves twice as fast as the 9'2". And the 7'6" Boss straight blade moves even faster! Enough to throw snow off the blade if it's stuck...

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Check with B&B but I think there are blocker "plates" (might not be named that) in the hydraulic hoses/valves to slow it down. I guess some customers complained it was too fast.