1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss 9'2 v wings fold back when pushing snow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by carsoncity, Feb 8, 2008.

1. carsoncity

carsoncity Member

we've got this plow and when pushing a pile, not even too big the blades will fold back. Frustrating because then we can't stack any snow. Does anyone else have this problem and how can we fix it. Does something have to be adjusted. We've only used it this season, basically brand new.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Sounds like a relief valve that need to be adjusted. What kind of snow are you pushing? wet, powder? Mine will fold back when I take to big of a bite of wet snow. It is doing its job very well, this way I wont blow a hydro line.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

This has been covered several times this season. Some seems to be caused due to the snow consistency this year..or ice more like it.

The wings should fold back when the hydro pressure reaches a certain level. But if they seem to relieve too easily, head over to your dealer and have them check the wing relief's on it.