1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 9'2 V plow on F250

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by silvetouch, Jan 5, 2008.

1. silvetouch

silvetouch Senior Member

I have a 2008 f250 and i had a western 8' straight blade on it. But i have been looking for a v plow and i came across a 9'2 boss v plow. a couple people told me that it might be too big for my truck, but other people said just beef up the suspension.

Any suggestions?
    thanks to all!:confused:

2. midnightrodeo

midnightrodeo Junior Member

I put a 8'2 V on an F-350 with F-550 springs on it and it still squats the truck pretty good. I would be really careful putting a 9'2 V on your truck. Make sure you put some weight in the back of your truck to counter ther wieght on the front. I hope this helps!

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

If its a gas, no problem, Diesel you will need X springs most likely and some ballast, definatly not impossible.

Cheers
    Jeff

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

It's not impossible...however I am sure it's not recommended without modifying the truck first. I run 8'6" V-plows on 3/4 ton diesels with no problems so I don't think the extra 8" is going to kill you either though...jmo

5. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Exactly why I said X springs if its a diesel, since the engines much heavier. If its gas then some ballast in the rear should be plenty.

Cheers
    Jeff

6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

in 05 ford redesigned the suspensions on their 250 and 350's. they upped the spring capacities raising the GVW. his truck has a higher GVW than a standard 250 depending on what package he bought.
    are the x code springs still used on the coil sprung front end?

7. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

There are a lot of F250s out there running with Boss 9.2 V. I have a 1996 diesel with 9.2 on it for the past 9 years. Put timbrens on it.

8. silvetouch

silvetouch Senior Member

Thanks. How much do Timbrens go for? Anyone in south east michigan know who installs them? thanks

9. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

You got a computer, just type in Timbrens and you will find supplier and cost.They dont cost that much. And are very easy to install yourself.

10. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I put a 9'2" Boss on an 87 chevy 3/4 ton. I bought new 3 leaf front springs for it. That seems to work well with about 800 lbs balast behind the fenderwells in the box. I wouldn't hang anymore plow on it than that though.

11. TaylorMade

TaylorMade Junior Member
    from MPLS

We have 3 f250 we put timbrens on them Front and back all the plows are 9'2" we have with no problems.

12. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

i have an 02 250 diesel and i just got the 6000# cap. springs from ford... maybe the X spring, anyways even with the diesel engine it only drops about 1/2 in and i am running 9.2 poly v I think you will be fine with an 08 expecily if it has the plow prep.

13. procut

procut Senior Member

I know guys with light duty 2500 Chevys with 9'2" boss' on them. No probs that I know of.

14. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I have a 03 F350 6.0, with a 9.2V.....I know its up there but nothing too bad. next year i am doing air bags on all ends tho as I am adding a salter to the back. Just know its going to be heavy.

15. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i find that really hard to believe. i have a 2000 f-350 with 5200 lb. front end (stock f-350 leafs) and my truck doesnt squat much at all when i have my 9'2" poly up .
    lowered
    [​IMG]
    raised
    [​IMG]

Silvetouch- open your driver side door and look at the tag on the jam and see what your front end is rated for. i know the older superdutys were either 4800lbs. or 5200 lbs, like mine. also timbrens wouldnt be a bad idea, this is extremely possible to do for you, a little ballast wouldnt hurt either. let us know what you do.

16. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

central parts warehouse has them for around 165...