1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 9'2" Power VXT w/ Wings, Or Western Wideout?!?!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnoPro Inc, Jan 31, 2011.

1. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

Having trouble deciding between the two. Anyone have any advice from prior expirience with either?
  2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

if your doing commercial, get the wideout, there i said it guys.
  3. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

I do a good amount of driveways, but the commercials i do are large parking lots.
  4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

The 9.2 w wings is going to move a lot more snow. But I should ask what kind of truck are you going to put it on because with a 3/4 or 1 ton, there is a good chance you will be massively overloaded with those wings on.
  5. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

way to throw a monkey wrench in there lol.
  7. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

haha, buddy of mine who is part owner has a B&B quick hitch expandable rear plow, 14 foot. and it would be going on a late 90's 7.3 power stroke or late 90's cummins.
  8. AiRhed

AiRhed Senior Member

Well, if you see yourself doing a lot of stacking. Plowing with a lot of deep, set up, drift busting required. Or plowing any snow over 24", I would get the V-plow. The wideout is hard to beat with a V-plow when the snow is in the 4-12" range. But when the drifts get set up, the snow gets deep and heavy, and you just have to get access to that road, the V-plow is the better choice.
  9. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

Thanks!, We dont usually get snow over 24" but i live out in the sticks where it drifts up to 3 or more feet in spots, and i would need to stack quite a bit, also the 9'2" w/ wings is still cheaper then a wide out. and its wider. Tough Call!!!
  10. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

So put wings on the WO.

11. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

Then it gets hard to drive down roads with oncoming traffic. and then the wings are just too big. plus i dont know if they make them for a WO
  12. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Jerre makes wings for the wideout.
  13. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Be Like Burkart and Get Both.......:nod:.....:salute:....payup
  14. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

I have had Boss V's for a while and just bought an 9'2" XTV for my truck. There is no way i could have got into a few accounts without the V. Our storms are usually under 4" but we just had 12" plus 3 '-4' drifts and that plow was bad a**. extra height on rolling snow was awesome. I plan buying another one next year!
  15. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

LOL Hopefully one day right!
  16. SnoPro Inc

SnoPro Inc Senior Member

I'm leaning towards the boss. Buddy of mine likes the western, maybe we'll rock paper scissor or something haha
  17. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

The problem here is that people aren't making a lateral comparison. The 8.2V should be compared with the 810, with or without wings, while the 9.2V should be compared with the 8611 with or without wings. Once the playingfield is considered comparable, let the competition begin.

I would LOVE to have an 8611LP, but it just wasn't in the stars. If I'm still in the big game next year, I'm going to add a set of wings onto my 810 to make it more of a 1012. wesport
  18. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Great Point!

Only disadvantage of the wideout is that you can't V it to break through a huge snow bank. If you've never had a problem with that up to this point, than I think a wideout would be great. Being able to adjust the width of the plow on the fly is a huge help.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Things to consider.

What are your average snowfall events 1-8" or less get a wideout
    If more like the UP 6-16" get a V
    Is it your only plow? If so get a V
    Commercial lots wideout
    Residential driveways wideout
    Rural driveways V
    Do you plow WITH the storm? or wait until it's done. It's your call you know your plowing conditions better than we do
  20. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I have larged stacked snow/iced piles along my driveways. Can I break these and push back with a V plow? (My 7.6 std no place left to push snow on non-drifting side of drives.