1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss 9'2" Poly Vee Plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by LawnProLandscapes, Dec 15, 2007.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

heres the deal, i just bought a 2 year old boss poly vee plow off of my local dealer that was a trade in.. the metal framing off the poly plow has some rust on it because the previous owner neglected to wash the road salt off it before placing it in storage.. my question is what black paint should i get to repaint the black, and should i just paint it or should i prep it at all? thanks for the help in advanced.

ben:drinkup:

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

If it were me and you want the plow to look good, I would just use it as is this year, and make it your summer project. Prep. it up all nice and then use a glossy lack finish and paint it all up real nice.

Ryan

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Do you have any pics of this rust?
    How extensive is it?

At this point in the season if the rust is really bothering you
    just touch it up with some rust=olium or spray it with fluid film.
    Then this summer you can repaint it properly.
    jmo

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2007
  4. LawnProLandscapes

ill have pics on monday when i pick the plow and truck up... i think im going to do what you suggested and just touch it up for now then do it as a project in the summer. thanks for the help..

5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I agree thats what I would do also.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2007
  6. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

not to mention paint is not a structually secure fix .
    :dizzy:

7. LawnProLandscapes

the rust is not that extensive where its going to cause any structural issues.. its just some spotty surface rust that i would like to touch up. thanks again though for adding inteligence to the post bud..

thanks to everyone else who actually replied and helped me... :drinkup: less than six hours and i can pick the truck up with my plow mounted...

8. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

Post some pics of your truck and plow when you get her :drinkup::waving:

9. LawnProLandscapes

will do, wont get it back from the boss dealer till tomaroe though :cry: oh well there busy as heck right now, thatll teach me to wait as long as i did.
    ben

10. LawnProLandscapes

ok i just went up to the dealer and paid them for the plow and now it looks like there ahead of schedule and it should be done in a little while xysport they really busted there hump to get this one done for me, im glad i got a good dealer right by me... ill get some pics as soon as i get her home.. :drinkup:

11. LawnProLandscapes

the rust isnt half as bad as i thought it was, must of been thelack of lighting in the barn at the dealer... well heres pics of the plow (rust spots specificaly) , i have 5 other pics of the truck and plow in the picture forum if you guys wanna check them out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

I would run it for now, the snow will nock some of the rust off and a good preshure washing will too. Then apply some FF
    (Insert FF song here xysportxysportxysportxysport)
    Then clean it up and paint it in the spring.

Have you had the chance to use it yet?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  13. LawnProLandscapes

i tooled around with it in my driveway and just got used to the hand controller and got that down... its calling for some snow here in central ny later in the week so ill get a chance to get out with it.. yea my boss dealer told me to run it for the season then in the spring pull the poly shields rite off and wire brush it all down then paint it....