1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss 9.2 vxt with wings

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by odbplowing, Jan 26, 2011.

1. odbplowing

odbplowing Junior Member
    from toronto

i have a lifted 6 inch F305 2005 6.0 diesel

i want to buy a boss VXT 9.2 with wings any thoughts

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Do it and post pics:nod: Not sure how a F305 will handle it though

3. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Nichols, you know those F-305 are monsters.....

4. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

No problem. When I upgrade the chev another 350 this year I will be putting the current 9.2 vxt on it and possibly a 10' v on my 350 powerstroke.

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

Ya but they sure are hard to find:D

6. NICHOLS LANDSCA

You're going to put a 10' V on a F350? Good ideaThumbs Up

7. lawnproslawncar

Why not the front hardly drops with a vxt. I can handle a few wheel bearings and ball joints over the productivity.

8. lawnproslawncar

It is either that or I'll put wings on a new vxt. That will make it wider than a ten footer.

9. NICHOLS LANDSCA

I'd put wings on your 9.2 it would be lighter and wider, besides the mount is different. Would you be able to drive around in a full V without the outer edges hitting?

10. lawnproslawncar

Well I got 5" of clearance now with the 9.2. I can always bump the wings ahead a bit.

11. NICHOLS LANDSCA

Well you can check my math but if you add 10" to the length of the plow that would be 5" per side sooo now you don't have any clearance. FYI a 10' V is already over width in V so if you bump it ahead you will be way over

12. snowbelt5

snowbelt5 Member

theres a guy on youtube that has a 9.2 v with wings plowing a parking lot. Amazing the productivity with this setup.. Id say its perfect for huge lots with a 1-4" snowfall. I could see your tranny getting hot quick though pushing all that wieght. if more than a 4" snowfall. You could just take half swipes if it is too heavy though.

13. odbplowing

odbplowing Junior Member
    from toronto

do you have the youtube view # so i can see it

14. lawnproslawncar

I haven't found it either.

15. GQLM

GQLM Junior Member
    from VA

16. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I would not worry about the trans heat. I pushed with a 11' Blizzard for a couple of years with no issues.

17. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I watched the video, too many trucks in that lot. Accident waiting to happen.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  18. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

my vid, and yes my brother almost backed into my truck at one time.

i keep having to explain this but i just took that vid to show what the v can do with wings and wasnt concerned with finishing the lot asap.

check this other vid of mine as well for better windrow and capacity shots as there was more snow on this lot:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-72IX9fFUI&NR=1

19. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I definitely like your carry capacity, my 8.2 doesn't seem to carry very much. I have to go back more often to pick up the run off. I think I did better when I had my straight blade with wings.

20. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Take the lift off your truck and you might be alright.... or cobble up a drop bracket and take the lights off the plow and it should be ok :eek: