1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss 9.2 v xt

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by hotshot4819, Sep 19, 2007.

1. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

guys, got a price of 5200 installes today. seems really good, includes the new stile controller and the ht3 or whateva its called.

my only problem is i need some reasurance from you guys im making the right choice.

the only thing that scares me is if something breaks, then there is no way to raise and lock in position to transport. the fisher models have that and i think is a great feature, am i just being to worried ? or does the boss have something for that situation?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Mark, or Snofarmer would you like to handle this one.....:D
  3. hotshot4819

ohh jeez , is this going to telling me i made the right or wrong choice....
  4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

First and foremost - in six years of total punishment, I've never been in a situation where I couldn't raise my plow....... I beat the crap out of them...

But, if something were to happen - push into a snow bank (usually the plow will ride up the bank) and just use a strap to hold the plow up. Just cause a plow has a chain, you still have to get it in the air to readjust the chain............
  5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

The only reason I didnt get a Boss V blade is the fact that they only trip while in straight position. But IMO, Fisher, Boss, Blizzard....they are all great plows that could all break just as easily as the next one. I just like my bottom trip in any position V blade.
  6. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

let me ask you this. what would you do if the plow didnt go up in any other style or brand plow???? the same thing push it into a pile of snow the then chain it or ratchet strap it up prsport
  7. hotshot4819

yes i realize that when you need to push into a pile and strap it up. however when im getting ready to spend 6 grand, why not make the best choice, its alot iesier to push into a pile and then just get out shorten the chain and drive off. rather then gettenthe strap and that ****.
  8. hotshot4819

ok guys its orderd , thanks
  9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You won't be sorry, you made an excellent choice.:salute:
  10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I agree,
    I have punished mine for 9yrs and have always gotten it up;)
    Just like any other plow you can use your tow chain/ strap to hold it up.
    Remember any plow can and will give you a headache once and a while

MYTH: after using a Vplow for a long time I can assure you it will trip just fine.

Yup, no big deal

Yea that salesman was right, were all blowing smoke up your but.
    By having a chain lift puts you one step ahead... The chain will already be there.;)
    Is that really a selling point?
  11. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

i think they are nice plows. i wouldnt buy one but thats just because when i see the 5200 price tag i think to myself that i have to plow two hundred fifty driveways before the plow is paid off never mind making a profit. if the money is in your budget then i think that is great because it means your doing good and that is a really nice plow. i wouldnt worry too much about it if i were you i think you will be very pleased.
  12. hotshot4819

bribus i hear ya. but all i do is commercial properties,