1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 9' 2" V on 2500 chevy 2008 or 2009

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by tbirdhau, Jan 26, 2009.

1. tbirdhau

tbirdhau Junior Member

Looking at a new truck and was wondering if anyone has put a Boss 9' 2" V on a 08 or 09 chevy 2500 or 3500. Want the short box but 3500 doesn't come in that length and a 9' 2" V is a must. Please post pics of your truck lifting it to see home much it sags and pics with it down as well as any modifications you made.
  2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

I have the 1998 version of this plow on a 1 ton Dodge with Pro Wings (The plow is over 1000 pounds)

The truck sags 3/4 of an inch when I pick up the plow.

Rocky Mountain Suspension 'Super Coils'.
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'll try and find some pics. I have a 9'2 on my 02 dmax, cc, sb since new with no mods and my 07.5 has Timbrens, no problems at all and the truck will push that blade night after night.
  4. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

I have an '01F250 with Timbren helpers. Inatalled my 9'2'' poly V on it off of an 80 chevy 1 ton I got rid of in November. Truck handles fine. 3/4 to 1 inch sag. I think there is only about a 50 to 75 LB. difference between the 8'2'' and the 9'2''.
  5. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

The one weakness of all late model Chevy trucks when plowing is the soft front suspension. Just cranking up the t-bars will make it ride poorly. The Timbrens on mine ended up being money well spent. I actually prefer the ride with Timbrens even when not carrying the plow. Once you install the Timbrens, your truck will handle a 9.2 plow just fine, but understand that you are technically overweight on the front axle. I carry about 1000 lbs of broken concrete stacked against the tailgate for ballast and it works great. Running without ballast sucks.

The 2500 and 3500 trucks are identical except for tire size and rear springs so if you want the short bed just buy a 2500. You'll already have a 3500 frame and axles. You can always upgrade the tires and add airbags later if you find yourself pushing the limits too often. I've never felt the need with my 2500. The front suspension is the same for both 2500 & 3500. If you get the "plow prep" package you MIGHT get slightly stiffer t-bars. You will get a 4800 lb axle weight rating rather than the standard 4670. See this thread for previous discussion on the subject.
  6. kakygp

kakygp Junior Member
    from Indiana

Put on the firestone- air over bilsteins and then there you go. I currently have this setup and my truck drives the same with the plow as without the plow. I maintain my leveled ride height.
  7. tbirdhau

tbirdhau Junior Member

Kakygp, I noticed in your pics you also have some Ford's. What do you like better the Ford or Chevy. I'm going to get a new truck this summer and have always had Ford but the engines anymore suck so I'm thinking of trying the Chevy. Any advantages or disadvantages between the 2?
  8. kakygp

kakygp Junior Member
    from Indiana

Really no advantages one versus the others. I like the ride and the interior of the chevy plus it has a lot more power than the ford's mind you they are a 6.0 and 7.3. All the trucks have just about the same things done, no engine upgrades. Chevy starts better in cold weather.