1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 9.2 V on 06 Ram 3500?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DaySpring Services, May 3, 2006.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 06 Ram CTD quad cab, srw arriving at the dealer in about 3 weeks. I want to put a Boss 9.2 V on. Will it be ok if I put timbrens in?
  2. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what it is made for it will be fine.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

"Will it be ok if I put timbrens in? "

lol.. it will be O.K. no one will think any thing diffrent about you if you do:D

Get the timmbrens their cheep.
    Even if you have the plow prep, remember you have a diesel too. There nice, they will help control all of the bouncing that occurs when you transport your plow from site to site.

The reason I got them (front and rear) is to control the sea-saw(teter-totter) effect you get from having a lot of weight in the back. As you lower the plow the front comes up and the back goes down, they will help eliminate this. They will also help control the front from bouncing to much also.
    It's not that your truck can not handle the weight of the plow it has more to do with comfort, and they will be there for those times you haul a little more than you should.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  4. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Not trying to put down timbrens as I have no experience with them, but maybe another alternative could be a set of spacers such as Daystars. I run them on my 2500 CTD and the truck barely moves with my 8ft Western on the front. Just my $.02.