1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 9.2 Steel V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BOSSMAN21, Nov 14, 2011.

1. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Hey guys, just bought a 2004 GMC Sierra Loaded with the Duramax Exc, Condition. I have bought a 9.2 Boss V. It is in OK shape but needs to be repainted and needs to have the now springs that are above the plow as they are broken. The ones that are on the top of the cylinders that have the nuts that hold them to the wings. Any one know where I can get replacement ones of these? I have tried the dealer but he is out, and has said they are on order for early December. I think I got a deal on the plow, I paid 2,300 and it is about 4 years old. It was the only used V around. NOW, I could wait, but living in downeast maine, I just dont dare. It would be my luck, that I would have about a storm that dumps about a foot on us right after thanksgiving. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance! Thumbs Up

2. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Central parts warehouse a site sponsor on the main page should be able to get one to the door by fri. Good luck hope it's snows lots for ya, I got the same plow

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Make one.Not hard.

broken boss spring1.jpg

4. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Ok are you talking about the springs? the eye bolt? Or the part that is welded to the plow?

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Make sure to get the right length spring. Boss uses 2 different sizes for trip springs and return springs. I forget the measurments but if you go to their site and go to the service center it'll tell you there, just have to dig for it online.

6. grandview

I use any spring I can find I used Meyer ones before,That is what the eye bolt is for ,adjustment

7. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Gotcha, thanks guys, problem solved. Do all of you like you're boss v-plows? I have a fisher Xtreme V. Cant wait to try this one!

8. grandview

Thumbs Up :salute:

9. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

That is true. DIdn't think about that. Whenever I always needed one I just told my dealer I needed a wing spring and he had bins for trip and wing springs.

10. grandview

My Boss dealer is a half hr away,but Auto Zone is at the end of my street so if I don't have a spare I throw one of those on.

11. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Hey I know this wasn't the thread topic, but how should I expect my truck to lug this plow? Good? or torsion crank?

12. grandview

A Chevy needs to tight up the front end a little, they all sag like an 80 yr old women.

13. APLC

APLC Senior Member

Yeah they do but a few turns and the stand straight up LOL

14. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Hey be nice, I have no issues with my 3 GM trucks.........:mechanic: