1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 9.2 Power-V XT

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by HEAVY HAUL, Jan 11, 2008.

1. HEAVY HAUL

HEAVY HAUL Junior Member
    from Canada

I have a 2003 Ford F-250 Reg Cab Long Box 5.4 Gas. Is this plow too big for the truck ?
    Do any of you have this kind of setup ? Can anyone post some pics of this setup or of somthing similer.

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Absolutely not. Throw ballast in the back and push some snow!wesport

3. HEAVY HAUL

HEAVY HAUL Junior Member
    from Canada

Thanks POPO4995.
    Anyone else with an opinion ?
    I am really looking for some good help on this decision and a few pics would be helpful too.

4. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

ive noticed more and more bigger plows on smaller trucks lately, i would say your fine with that setup though, no worse then running an 8611lp on a 3/4ton like some are doing now.

5. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

what front end does the truck have on it? go out and locate the tag on the drivers side door jam and see what the weight rating is.. it should either be 4800 lb. or 5200 lb. .. it dont matter whether the trucks a 1 ton with 5200 lb. front or a 3/4 ton with the 5200 lb. front you can hang the same plow off both of them... if you have the 4800 lb just get some timbrens for 160 bucks and BE sure to use ballast, it will help A LOT with traction and help even the load. ive got a boss poly v 9'2" on my 2000 f-350 and it holds it just fine. :drinkup:

6. LawnProLandscapes

heres some pics of mine with the plow for yea
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

it's a pretty damn big plow for a standard truck width....IMO more suited to a 350 at least if not 450...i am running a 8' proplus and would not want 14" more width...

i would DEFINITLY order the 2.5" level kit from summit for the diesel application, it's a full length 5 leaf pack for the front which uses stock shocks and track bar. raises front 3", i have it and love it. 3" block in rear also.

But to hang that plow on a standard 2 leaf f250.....not for me

8. HEAVY HAUL

HEAVY HAUL Junior Member
    from Canada

Thanks for the info and pics LawnProLandCare. I am going to have to find out for sure what the front suspention rating is. If it is the 5200lb i'll be getting the 9.2 for sure. If it is the 4800lb i'll have to look into getting some timbrens.

9. LawnProLandscapes

the front end on a f-250 with a 5200 lb. front rating is the same as a 350 or a 450 with a 5200 lb. rating, the main difference is in the rear capacity.my buddy has a 2004 f-250 reg. cab v10 with the 5200 lb. front end (same as my f-350's) and can easily handle my 9'2" poly. youll be fine, just remember to use ballast, mainly for traction.