1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 9.2 Power-V XT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by HEAVY HAUL, Jan 11, 2008.

1. HEAVY HAUL

HEAVY HAUL Junior Member
    from Canada

I have a 2003 Ford F-250 Reg Cab Long Box 5.4 Gas. Is this plow too big or have any of you got this setup? Please post pics if you have a similer style truck with the 9.2.

2. HEAVY HAUL

HEAVY HAUL Junior Member
    from Canada

Anyone with some expertise on this ??

3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

We run the 8's on the gas trucks. Heavy snow seems to push the front of these trucks around a bit. The diesels get the 9's with no problems. I'd be willing to bet that 95% of the time, the 9 would be fine on the gas truck though....

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i run the 9 with my gas v10 with no prob. your 5.4 will have enough low end grunt to do the job, its got the blue oval on her dont doubt it. in heavy wet accumulations your usually suppose to carry less snow per push anyways..

5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

That V10 has some guts. A guy that works for me has one with a 9' and it'll push anything.

There's a company in town that has a few Chevy 3/4 ton diesels - they had some problems with the last real heavy snowfall. I may be a Ford guy but it wasn't the brand of truck that caused them problems, they do not put any weight in them at all.

1000# in the bed of the truck goes along ways for any truck.