1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 9' 2" going into V problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Matt Hart, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Matt Hart

Matt Hart Junior Member

I could have swore when my plow was installed if you pressed the buttons to put the plow into the V position at the same time both ends would move.

Now no matter what the drivers side will move in, then the passenger side. But I can get them both the move, left/ right and opposite of the V at the same time, just can not get it into the V.

Is it designed like this or do I have a problem coming? I thought I was able to get it into the V at the same time, which made it a lot easier to stack snow. But I could be mistaken.

Just want to check before I try to take it in and be told that is how it should be.

Plow was brand new this year.

2. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

mine does the same thing though its my first boss, i too am interested if this is normal

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Mine does this sometimes when I put it into scoop. I have a joystick controller, but if I put it back into v position both wings will move in at the same time.

4. tbrownell

tbrownell Member

Mine also does this too and I also have a joystick controller. I would check the spring tension on the return springs as it is more noticeable when one spring is looser then the other. That is how I noticed one of my return springs was loosening up so I tightened it back down and put some lock-tight on the bolt

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Left wing is always faster on a Boss vee whether extending or retracting. Just the nature of the beast due to the priority circuity in the valve manifold. Spring tension difference (or lack of) will amplify or reduce the severity somewhat but won't eliminate it. It's normal.

6. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Bullseye. Exactly correct.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I know Mr 9.2. ;)

8. Matt Hart

Matt Hart Junior Member

Thanks for the respones. Just making sure all is well been getting a good winter here in Michigan.