1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8ft Strait blade????

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by blaze13, Jan 19, 2009.

1. blaze13

blaze13 Junior Member
    from Ohio

Hey yall i'm thinking about selling my Boss strait blade and buying new boss 8.2 V-plow. How much is this plow worth do ya think? I have used it the last couple snows we have got and it works great but i just really like those V-plows. It is an 8ft Boss strait blade RT3 on a 2000 Ford F 350. New paint all the way around, New cutting edge, side markers and hoses, and just bought new Smarttouch pad a week ago. Let me know what ya think and if ya know anyone that would be interested in it. Thanks

nex 161.jpg

nex 163.jpg

nex 162.jpg

nex 165.jpg

nex 166.jpg

2. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Are you selling just the blade or blade complete with undercarriage, wiring harness & controller?

3. blaze13

blaze13 Junior Member
    from Ohio

If i did sell it would be complete package. Undercarrage, wiring and smart touch control.

4. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

If you are going to put the new b-blade on your existing truck, you can keep the undercarriage & wiring harness...
    You can then offer to sell the blade by itself, or with a new BOSS undercarriage, wiring harness specifically for the new buyer of your straight blade. When you buy a new complete package, you get a discount over just purchasing a blade & controller, and then all you have to do is switch out controllers...Just a thought.

5. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Is the straight blade an 8'0" Super Duty?

6. blaze13

blaze13 Junior Member
    from Ohio

yes it is 8ft strait blade super duty

7. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Is it just about new? if so I would ask about $3800 for it. If used a season or two then I would ask like $3000 or something like that. JMO

8. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Fot the blade alone, I would expect about $2500 to $2750.
    For the entire package, including a new undercarriage & wiring harness, you should be able to get $3500 to $3750.
    The 8'2" v-blade package should cost around $5500.
    You can use your existing wiring harness and add the Dual Burn Control kit for $32 to get the SmartLight2 features...

9. bader

bader Junior Member

i dont know much but 3800 sounds like alot i just bought a brand new 7'6" straight blade super duty for that with the touchpad

10. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

I was reffering to if he was going to sell as a package. Wiring harness, undercarrage, controller ect.

11. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

12. blaze13

blaze13 Junior Member
    from Ohio

I don't know fordboy I kinda want a new one if I get rid of mine. How old is yours??

13. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

3seasons, 4 yrs