1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8'2" VXT Pressure relief valve

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Jayson_109, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Jayson_109

Jayson_109 Junior Member

So just bought the plow in october, bout the 3rd snow I've had to move, and I have a pressure relief valve crap on me because a snagged a parking curb. Wouldn't you think this would be covered under warranty??? dealer is telling me no, but there is nothing in the warranty book that says it is or isn't. Anyone else have similar issues with PRV ?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Actually it is in the manual. Boss would classify it as abuse from their prospective. Sure your going to hit stuff from time to time no matter what you do but it's still debatable as abuse by the manufactures standards.

Pony up the $60 and change the relief yourself...takes 10 minutes.

3. Jayson_109

Jayson_109 Junior Member

yeah i totally understand the wear and tear 100%, but i really am disappointed with the dealer because I was there taking apart the plow just as much as he did. We switched the valve over to the other side to see if the problem would transfer to the other side, and it did. Like you said all within' 10- 15 minutes. he orders the valve (next day) sent my wife to get the part as caught up on some sleep, and she brings the invoice back for it all. $98 for the valve $10 S&H and $29 for .5 hours labor for the diagnosis that "we" performed. And took me no longer than 5 minutes to swap it out! Thats why I'm a lil upset with it all.... especially if you saying you can get one for $60ish.

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

you got the smartlocks? is it ON the cylinders or in the valve box area of the plow? when you blow it it breaks im assuming? does it leak fluid or where is this thing at? never blew one i guess

5. Jayson_109

Jayson_109 Junior Member

yes do have smartlocks, and the PRV is screwed into the valve box area. No leaks what so ever, and the only thing it did was creap back on it own when I put it in the scoop position. (Only one side, there are separate valve for each blade wing).

6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

you'd think a prv would just move temporarily not get damaged purposely, wtf? sucks. I thought if you catch a curb and the valve releases it re-engages within seconds, guess that was way off :/

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Depends on how hard you hit it. :eek: