1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8'2" V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by millsaps118, Oct 11, 2006.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Just bought a BOSS 8-2 today for my 2500HD crew. Its going on next monday can't wait to use it!! I was debating on the poly V but my dealer suggested the steel. Hard to believe its about 50lbs lighter than the poly. Timberins are coming on Friday. All I need now are some strobes and I think I'll be ready for that first snow to fly. Who else loves their BOSS???:salute:

2. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

just got my 8' 2" V Boss POLY installed today. They made some upgrades to the cutting edge. Very nice. I went with the poly for the possible resale value, plus less metal to rust. I had a 7' 6" poly straight before, and no problems with rust or snow sticking to the plow. For the extra $250, I recommend spending that and getting the poly. I got mine for $5100 installed. What are you spending??????

3. millsaps118

I got mine for $4,700 installed.

4. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

I called all over the place and the cheapest I could find was $5100, and I had to haggle to get that. Wish I was where you are.

5. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

We have three 8-2 Vs and a 9-2V, all I have to say is there a damn good plow, that why we have 4 of them

6. millsaps118

I checked all over around here and just about everyone was $5,000-$5,300. It was all on what you got with the plow, lockers, flap, ect... I just got a complet plow set-up with the hand held controler installed for $5,000 minus a $300.00 discount from the dealer.

7. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I could get a 8'2" Steel V installed with smartl-locks, and deflector for $4,725.00. Sucks you guys are paying just over $5000 for them. Usually everything is more expensive around here!

8. FFD133

FFD133 Senior Member

Mine is the 8.2 V POLY, with flaps and smart touch handheld controller and I had it installed for $5100, which is the cheapest around here I could find.

9. fastby250cc

fastby250cc Junior Member

Just picked up an 05 left over for $4255 with the locking cylinders, the flap, and the new controller. Just put it all together last weekend. Here is hoping we get some snow!

10. yardfarmer

yardfarmer Junior Member

i love my boss v plow