1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8'2" V PLOW

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by gotsnow?, Jan 20, 2010.

1. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

How much would a 3 year old Boss 8' 2" v be worth without the truckside mount, wiring harness (truck side) or controls? I don't know much about boss plows, or what there worth, but may have an opportunity to buy one from a guy whose truck was repoed while the plow was sitting in his garage.
    Thanks, David - got snow?

2. procut

procut Senior Member

If you have to buy a new truckside mount, wiring, and controller you're going to have a pretty good chunk of change wrapped up in it. I would say the plow complete might bring maybe $3,500 or so around here, so subtract from that what it would cost to complete the truck side.

I could never figure out why you wouldn't remove the plow, I mean obviously you know the truck is going to be reposessed. Two years ago I bought a 2500 chevy from a local bank that had repo'ed it. It had a brand new Western plow, I mean, brand new, the cutting edge and moldbord wern't even scratched and the decail on the front of the plow was still glossy. This was easily $4500 plow, I don't know why he didn't remove it. He left a nice sirius sateillite radio in it too.

3. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

What would the truck side, complete cost me? The boss website doesn't give any indication on cost...

4. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Well a new wiring and controller will run ya about $500, the mount will be another 5-600 maybe more or less so you would have around a grand into the parts! Now you either have to install it or find a shop and the average shop charges $500 again give or take a little.

I would offer him $2000 not trying to kick him while he's down but you only have half of it when you buy it !!!

Also check the cutting edges, cylinders, etc. Would hate to buy a locked up plow or with crappy cutting edges. Taking your chances as you cannot test it before you buy it as you would need the wiring etc.

5. gotsnow?

gotsnow? Senior Member

Sold before I got the guy called back..... : ( went for 1500

6. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

dang, good price.