1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss 8'2 v-plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by james1115, Sep 21, 2008.

1. james1115

james1115 Member
    from CT

hey guys I currently have a blizzard 810 and was just looking at the new boss 8'2 v. What is good or bad about this plow? i know nothing about boss are they decent plows? any problems with them? and I can get it installed for $5000 is this a good price?

2. camconcrete

camconcrete Senior Member

5 grand is a good price installed this year, but if you are any bit inclined with a wrench do it your self and save some money. I put mine together and installed it on my truck myself. it took prolly 8 hrs or so if i had done it all at once.
    overall the boss is a good plow, wears good with fast hydraulics and takes just a second to mount on and off. I also like that i can put down pressure to it if i want to

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

All good so far 7th season with the 8.2 v plow .

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And how are you doing that?

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

He'll just have Clapper sit on the plow!:rolleyes:

6. camconcrete

boss has a down pressure feature if you don't let it go down all the way

7. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

No, Boss does not have downpressure.

8. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Boss does have down pressure but they have a code name for it, FLOAT:waving:

9. Kevin Kendrick

When the plow is in float, the hydraulics is allowing it to follow the contour of the road. When you have downpressure, you are transferring downforce to the cutting edge, like what Sno-Way has a patent on.

10. camconcrete

i was under the impression that when the boss plow wasn't in float( the light on the hand control is red) that the plow was essentially wherever you put it. When the light is green the plow is in float. Just my experience with mine and if don't drop it till the light changes it has done a better job of cutting hard packed snow.
    We tend to use this a lot at the truckstops that we have to push along the freeway

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No, although it holds it from lowering further, it wont stop it from lifting.

But even if it did stop it from lifting on its own, that isn't down pressure anyway. DP is the act of APPLYING actual downward HYDRO FORCE. Two completely different things.

12. Kevin Kendrick

No, when the light is red, the plow is in float.

13. Indy

Indy Senior Member

SSSSHHHHHHH, that's why it's code, because it aint there:D

14. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

I have both the Boss Ply V and the 810. The Boss is great, but the Blizzard is the best plow I've ever used.

15. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

You almost gave me a heart attack with that comment. Ill stay out of this one, i almost got banned last time i got into the boss down pressure argument...