1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8'2" v plow rt3 issue, doesn't go up

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by creuz, Dec 13, 2007.

1. creuz

creuz Junior Member

when plowing, occasionally plow will not go up, sounds like motor is running just won't go up, let off of up button and press again and plow will go right up, sometimes have to hit up 2 or 3times, it is very frustrating at times, at other times it will work fine for a couple hours of plowing with no issues, and all of a sudden it will start doing it again, I took it in and they couldn't find anything wrong; of course it works perfectly in dealer parking lot, any help would be much appreciated

2. pyro29

pyro29 Member

I had a similiar issue last year with my 9'2" RT3. What was happeneing was that my Plow/Truck connection was just alittle loose. One side would back out just a fraction of an inch but the other would stay put resulting in loosing connectivity to the hydraulic solenoids but still had the ability to close the pump solenoid. Cleaned out, blown dry, and a liberal coating of grease and it hasn't happened again...