1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8'2 V plow Question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by CW 2007, Oct 1, 2007.

1. CW 2007

CW 2007 Junior Member

I have just recently purchased a Boss 8'2 V plow. I haven't plowed with it yet(obviously no snow) but, I was curious if it was normal when the plow is in either the scoop or V position that the center touches the ground and the outermost parts of the cutting edges are several inches off of the ground. I am only familiar with straight plows. Thanks for your imput.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Yes . mine does the same thing now 6 yrs old If your plow is still hooked up put in scoop and put in float and move forward a little and it should sit flat.

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Mine sits flush to the ground in all positions....your mount may need to be adjusted which is not a big issue. I don't have my owners manual sitting here but I bet there's a section in there that talks about correcting the problem.

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Mine sits center up and the wings touching and yes It is adjusted properly.
    Correct push bar hight and everything.

It states in the book/manual to pull forward a short distance (usually less than a foot.) to get the plow to sit flat, This in the section on how to remove your Vplow.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007