1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8'2'' V or 9'2'' V

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by OhioPlower, Nov 16, 2007.

1. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Im thinking about getting a new plow. Which size would you go with? Price difference is $200 more for the 9'2''. Id say my plowing is 60% commercial 40% residential. Truck is a 04 reg cab GMC diesel

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

If your truck can take the extra weight get the 9.2 I wish I did.

3. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

9'2" bigger is better

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it has plow prep and the 4800lb FAWR you can run the 9.2 no questions asked..

With 60% of your accounts commercial, I'd go with a 9.2

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'd go with the 9'2, not sure if the light front end on that GMC can handle it though. J/K

6. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I was gonna go with the 9.2 myself, but some of my driveways are only 8 feet. :dizzy:

7. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Thanks for the replies. Yeah it has the plow prep pkg. Tbars are cranked about 5 turns right now. It only squats about half an inch right now with my 820 pound meyers. Is a 9'2'' gonna put more wear and tear on my front end over a 8'2''?

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

It weighs a little more but well worth it. I bought a new 8'2 in 98 and I traded it in on a 9'2 in 2000. I never lked the 8'2 after running the 9'2. You have to bump your wings ahead when going in driveways and stuff but it's well worth it. My 98 and 02 have both had them on them since new and I've had very little problems with them.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe you should have bought one anyway... a 9.2 is only 7.6 in the scoop position...and less than 8 ft in the V position also..