1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS 8'2" Urethane edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TLS, Dec 3, 2003.

1. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Here's what I want......

A PROVEN Urethane Cutting edge for my 8'2" BOSS V-Plow.

I really don't want to drill holes, and I really don't want to cut fancy angles on the inside hinge area.

There are 1000's of BOSS's out there, who's making what I want? And how much?

If there IS no such thing.....1) Why NOT? 2) How much time is involved in this?

I did a few searches, and some of the older Urethane Edge company's sites are no longer working.

And another thing, while I'm ranting.....:rolleyes:

Why are they only coming in YELLOW ???

Why NOT black?

Any input or suggestions? :confused:
  2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

OK, I guess no one sells them pre drilled and angle cut.

But what is this blue thing? Mine never came with it. I have an older (Not REAL old though!) Rapid Tach II.

I don't have something like that. The only thing that came in the center of MY Boss is a CAST IRON round plow shoe. After that getting ripped off twice, its been taken off for good. Problem is, I leave a strip of snow in the center. Not there when in SCOOP position, so, no biggie. BUT, I only have like MAYBE 2" from the bottom of the cneter hinge to the ground. NO WHERE'S near the room needed for this BLUE shoe.

Looks like about $300 for my application (per Dino's website (Dino where are you?) Plus shipping. But he mentions it includes a "One piece center deflector". What EXACLTY is this? If it fits where this BLUE thing goes, then NO WAY would it work on mine.

Can anyone help me? Any cheaper prices?

On Edit.....Hang tight, pic didn't work. :angry:
  3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Here's that BLUE thing.

4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Just ordered an Edge from Dino.

Very smooth transaction and conversation.

Thank you.
  5. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone have suggestions on a center snow catcher for when I put on the U-Edges?

Right now my center section.....
    Is only 5/8" off the ground! My current edges are worn, but not all that much.

I will most likely go back to using a cast iron center shoe, as right now there isn't enough clearance for one.

6. danS

danS Junior Member

Tom, this really doesn't answer your questions, but I have a question for you. Looking to put a Boss 8'2" poly-v on my new truck and curious how you like your steel plow.