1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8'2" Power V Plow - $1000 Complete - Minnesota

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by MNF350, Sep 28, 2005.

1. MNF350

MNF350 Junior Member

I have an 8'2" Boss Power V I no longer have a use for. Includes plow, wiring, controller, and mounting bracket for '99+ Ford Superduty.

The plow and controller are in good working condition, although I removed the lights and no longer have them. The last time I used it, I remember the front truckside plug being tempermental, so as long as it's all ripped out, you may want to replace some of the wiring.

$1,000, pickup only. Plow is located in Lakeville. I can have a skid steer there to help load it.

Call Eric 952-210-8845.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  2. farmertim

farmertim Member

Do you have any pics?
    does the system have smart locks?
    What shape is the controler in and how much did you use the plow?
    I'm up north of you 2 1/2 hours, and won't need it loaded.
    Thanks

3. MNF350

MNF350 Junior Member

I don't have pics, but could certainly get some. It's sitting in a friend's garage, so I'd just have to run over there.

Sorry, I completely forgot the mounting type, it's an RT2, so it has the two forks that slide in the front mount, and then locks in with a lever on the side. It's fairly quick to get on, but to make it easier, I actually used a small floor jack under it instead of the cheap Boss stand, so I could adjust the height just right when I wanted to mount it.

The controller is the rocker switch style and is in good condition. Never had any problems with it, that style is more reliable than some of the others.

I believe the plow was bought in 98'. I bought it from a buddy when he got out of the business. He ran it for a year, and I've ran it for three off and on since. It's been used, but it all still works. I sold my F350, and don't plan on getting another truck that size, so I just don't have anything to run it on anymore.

4. farmertim

farmertim Member

Wondering if we have the same model?

I bought a Boss 8 -2 last year and it is on a 99 ford 350 SD but have been unable to tell which model mine is.
    I don't have a stand, mine just colapses after you pull both pins on each side and it sits alone.
    My controller is a joy stick more than anything and if yours is not, does it work on my plow?
    Ive never been able to find any photos of mine on boss's site and don't know the year of it either. I think it is only 4 years old now if I remember right.
    I'm looking for a spare, but if they don't match well it won't work.
    let me know if you have pins on each side, and clairify if you can the controller..
    thanks
    Tim

5. farmertim

farmertim Member

ooop's

I just searched the difference on ebay mine is a RT3.
    Thanks for the info though...

6. MNF350

MNF350 Junior Member

Yeah, the RT3 is a newer mounting system than this. The controllers and wiring are interchangable I believe... I had a buddy with the joystick controller that went on the fritz, and he borrowed mine one year.

The biggest difference is in the mount style that bolts on to the truck. I have the kit that bolts on to the frame for Ford's, but I'm sure if you're already set up for an RT3, you'd prefer not to mess with it.

Let me know if you still want pics, otherwise good luck with your search.

7. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

do you have any pics of it i might make the drive if its worth it

8. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

wow thats almost a thousand miles x2x 3.00 a galllon ====maybe not...

9. PS496

PS496 Junior Member

If you still have it, I would like to see a picture of it if possible. Thanks, James.

10. MNF350

MNF350 Junior Member

Sure. I'll grab the camera tomorrow and run over there to snap a few pics. Hopefully have them up tomorrow night.

11. MNF350

MNF350 Junior Member

Here are the pics, hopefully they're clear enough... I'm not exactly handy with the digital camera.

plow1.jpg

plow2.jpg

plow3.jpg

12. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Looks like a good buy.... fifty gazillion miles away, as usual :p