1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8'2" Power V on Chevy 2500HD

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snowplow newbie, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Snowplow newbie

Snowplow newbie Junior Member

Hello there plow gods :p

I recently purchased a Boss 8'2" Power V for my truck. The plow is a RT2 hitch configuration. Boss told me that they don't make the RT2 undercarriage for the 2003 Chevy 2500HD. They told me that there are some modifications that need to be made to the RT3 undercarriage to make it work with an RT2. Ok from that I am lost. What in the world do I buy to put on my truck to fit this plow.

The wiring is a 11 pin on the plow side with the headlights. I have no clue what I need for the truck, but I do have a controller for the plow. Anyone out there that can help out I would appreciate it.

2003 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab with 8'2" RT2 Boss Power V

2. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Welcome....

I have a GMC 2500 with Boss V plow 6.0 L also..

I had a config problem and posted up a storm here to no avail..

I called Boss ENG Dept. and they where really good about talking me through.

There used to be a link on this site that they monitored, not sure why its not here anymore...

Give them a call and ask for engineering.

3. Snowplow newbie

Thanks Sno,

Guess I'll have to wait till Monday and give them a call. All the snow we're getting and I have no plow on my truck :mad:

Oh well. Thanks allot

4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

So you bought an approximately 10 year old plow to go on your brand new truck?

The RT-II hasn't been made for quite a few years. They've made many improvements over the years, and If I could I'd go to a new Smart-Hitch I'd do so in a SECOND!

They most likely DON'T make a truck mount for your model year truck. But I'm sure, with a bit of customizing, an older mount (C-K era) could be massaged to fit.

The wiring part would be easier, but not a piece of cake either, as BOSS changed their wiring quite a few years ago as well. The newer trucks have special adapters for the truck side wiring. Again, with a little massaging, you could get it to work.

I sure hope you got this old plow cheap! Cause your going to be dropping some coin to get it mated up properly. :(

Good Luck.

P.S. The BOSS site has a wealth of info burried in it. It's poorly navigatable, but there's a LOT there!

5. Snowplow newbie

Advice well taken

TLS,

Well, I took you advice and ditched that Boss old plow on my new truck. Sold it on Ebay for what I paid for it. LUCKY!!!!

I just had a 8' Fisher X Blade installed on my truck today. Wow it looks good, now all I need is snow.

Thanks for the advice plow god:waving: