1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS 8'2" Poly V Pin Clearances

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dbyrone, Oct 16, 2003.

1. dbyrone

dbyrone Junior Member

Have taken apart my BOSS 8" 2" Poly V to check for wear at all the pins. The most wear is on the 2 pins connecting the Mount Bracket to the Puch Frame. Have about .125 clearance here - hole is elongated toward the push. The new center hinge pin comes with .062 clearance so I am assuming all pins have this much clearance. I have about .100 clearance between the big pin connecting the Center Section to the Push Frame. All the pins are wore about .020 - .030. The rest of the wear is on the holes. Is it time for machine work and bushings or is this normal for a two year old plow?

2. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

HEHE .........:( ...thats alot of precise measuring....I had the same pins/holes wear on mine, I just determined how much wear by how much the plow would rock, when it seemed to be too much we stuck in a larger pin.;)

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

It's normal for stuff to wear like that.Unless it's causing a noticable problem,I'd leave it alone until it gets worse.Maybe carry a couple of spare pins just to be safe.