1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8' V Box troubles

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Striper1263, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Striper1263

Striper1263 Member

Hey Guys,

Is there anywhere I can find a wiring diagram for the Boss V Box spreader? I have looked on the net and keep getting directed to the Boss website. Troube is that Boss doen't make the V Boxes anymore. I bought this spreader used and some things just don't seem right.
    1). When I try to start the box all it does is click. I replaced the selonoid, but will not start from the control box. I can pull start after about 5-6 pulls.

2). We had to run a separate wire for the kill switch from the box. The harness seemed to be missing it. We found the prong inside of the control box that killed the motor so we ran a wire from the switch back to the motor. We don't know it it is the right one or not. To stop the engine, we have to hold down the kill switch and if you were looking at the motor it seems that the electric choke moves so far forward before it kills the motor. It looks as if there should be a stop of some sort to keep the choke from moving that far forward.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.