1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8' V-Box Spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by derekbroerse, Apr 3, 2008.

1. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Today I brought home a Boss V-Box spreader that, quite frankly, I really don't need. Thought I'd list it here and see if anyone can use it, either as a project or for parts even. If not, I'll oilspray it and mothball it until I have time to fix it up. Being a Boss you know it is a high-quality machine.

For starters, its very rusty BUT its mainly flakey, original paint and stickers (nothing hiding under bondo and paint) and with vigerous scraping with a putty knife (and some whacking it with the point) I haven't found a single hole yet. Lots of typical pock-marks in the steel but still very strong.

Has some 2x12" extension boards on the top, bolted on with angle iron. I was going to cut these off to check the upper face (flakey as well).

11hp Honda engine, rolls over by hand, recoil backup but it seems stuck (like the weights aren't flying out to engage the flywheel). No battery. Don't know what it would take to make run... but being a Honda, probably very little.

Has not been used in at least the past year +. Owner from what I gather came in and bought a new stainless spreader, installed, and never came back for this one. They said it worked then but was just rusty. Been sitting since. Sold it to me cheap after two monthes of pestering me to buy it but I really need another project like a hole in the head, so I'm offering it to you guys...

Suitable for project or parts. I was gonna strip it, Line X it, and convert it to electric.

Make me an offer I can't refuse... otherwise, like I said, I'll keep it here until I get around to it.
  2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Back to the top...