1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8' Straight Super Duty??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mortician79, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Will it fit alright on my new 08 Dodge Quad Cab Hemi?, or is it too much plow?

I am not doing commercial plowing, just my own business parking lot and driveway.

Thanks in advance!
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

1/2 ton no, 3/4 ton or more, yes.
  3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

That is a perfect fit!
  4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

If thats all you doing, dont bother with the super duty

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

8 footers only come in super duties. The 7 foot 6 inchers are the ones that can be super or standard.
  6. My truck is a 1500.

I have found a dealer who has demos for sale and this is one of them, so I was wondering if it was too much for my truck.
  7. What would you recommend for my truck, based on all your experiences?

He also has some Boss V's there too, but I guess that is too much for my truck.
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Can't run anything but a 7' or 7.5' SPORT DUTY on that truck legally. Anything else and it will be overweight on the front axle rating.

I suppose you are aware that Dodge doesn't recommend ANY snow plows at all on their 1/2 ton trucks now? Can make warranty issues with the truck dealer a choir..to say the least. ;)
  9. Thanks for the advice on the plows.

Thankfully my dealer will sell a plow with the truck, if you so choose, there for it is easier for warranty issues.