1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8 ft Poly Safety Locks

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by tugboat609, Dec 28, 2011.

1. tugboat609

tugboat609 Member

I have a Boss 8 ft Poly SuperDuty I just purchased used. Plow is in excellent shape. I was wondering if it is missing a latch on the one side. The other side has it. It is just a little metal latch that drops down when you push the spring loaded pins in place. Like I said only one side has it. Should both have it? Thanks

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

All boss plows come from the factory with just 1 latch on the drivers side. You can add one on the passenger side if you like, but its not really something to worry about.

3. tugboat609

tugboat609 Member

Okay that's exactly my concern. Seems like they should have done both sides for safety reasons.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Yeah. It can be a hassel to go all the way around to that side of the plow when you could just reach across and turn the tab "off"

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So you're saying that you're lifting the pin safely hook up by hand separately Ryan? Or am I reading it wrong?

6. tugboat609

tugboat609 Member

So all the boss plows come with just the one safety then right? Just wanna be 100 percent certain.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct, one safety lock on the driver side only. You can add the second one on the pass side too if you like. I sometimes do for the customers peace of mind for any that are concerned about it.

8. tugboat609

tugboat609 Member

Yeah I will probably add one to the other side. Just seems like it should come fom the factory that way. I mean there is a bolt hole and everything.

9. Chandlerarms

Chandlerarms Senior Member

hummmm Too bad I didnt see this thread a few days ago. Got the plow installed a few weeks ago, and noticed the pass side missing. Couldnt remember if it was there and "fell off" or not. Luckly it was only $5 at a local dealer. I guess Ill install for safe measure!

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

When I go to take my blade off I first put my jack down then just reach across to the passenger side of the plow, flip that tab to off then turn the drivers side tab off. The hit the switch up to unlock them then down to unhook it.

11. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

I second that, just bought one yesterday lol, I just figured it fell off because my ~06 7.5 standard stb has one on both sides.