1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8-2 V on a Toyota Tundrs

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by scms, Jul 20, 2010.

1. scms

scms Junior Member
    from indiana

I'm thinking about putting a Boss 8-2 poly V on a Toyota Tundra. I have my concerns but a local Toyota dealer has put them on and says they id good. Has anyone else?? Any thoghts?

2. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

think your axle will snap!

3. ajslands

why would you put a poly on it? It's heavier than the steel first off. Poly v only comes in xt.

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Boss site keeps coming up with a straight blade poly

5. ajslands

The poly v is an XT

It's new this year!

Buy a ford!

6. scms

scms Junior Member
    from indiana

I already have the poly 8-2 from a Ford f250 i sold. It's not the xt it's about 5 years old

7. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Doesnt matter which configuration you choose, Boss limits you to a 7ft or 7ft 6in straight poly sport duty plow.

IF you want to go ahead and do it, then its at your own risk. And its probable that Boss installers will say no. Big plow for a 1/2 ton, so components will be at greater risk for failure.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  8. scms

scms Junior Member
    from indiana

I have not bought it yet but it would prob. be 5.7 engine crew max(4 door). I have a poly v I took off a 2004 f250 I was trying to use. Its not the new xt poly V. I think there is only about 50 pounds difference between this plow and the standard duty 7-6. Does anyone know for sure?

9. ajslands

Fedral motor carrier and saftey administration won't be too happy when you get in an accident (if you get in one) you'll put a lot of strain on your truck. Why don't you buy another ford?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your guesstimate is grossly incorrect. Try 400 lb difference between what is recommend (and it's not a Standard duty either) and what you wish to actually use. Big difference.

11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

400 lbs doesn't sound like too mulch to me....

12. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I know the 8' 2" Boss V not recomended for the Tundra, but I think it would be fine IMO.

14. Mafia_Mike

Mafia_Mike Junior Member

i have an `08 Crew Max w/Western Straight Blade.. 7'6" -- I wouldn't go w/V plow.. maybe plow wings?

i do tons of commercial and residential.. i have had ZERO probs w/my truck in 2 heavy Michigan winters.

i do about 75% commercial 25% res...

15. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

A good friend of mine has a 8 ft fisher on his and loves it. I will say a v plow would be a bit much for it.

16. truckie46

truckie46 Member

you're very right, the largest Boss plow you can comfortably install on a newer Tundra is the 7.5' standard duty. Ideally they want you to do the 7.5' sport poly. anything heavier than the 7.5 standard duty is asking for component breakage issues

17. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

if your not set on boss. there is always the new Meyer Super V 7.5 which only weighs 582 lbs complete

18. truckie46

truckie46 Member

It sounds like some people just don't know how to drive! I have towed upwards of 12K with my tundra, have loaded it to the gills with paver stones, and plow for a municipality with my truck. When I'm done with the town, I plow my private accounts. The Tundra pushes 2 feet of snow just fine. Maybe you should get your uncle driving lessons.....

19. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

What year, engine size, and cab is your Tundra? What plow do you have on it?

20. truckie46

truckie46 Member

08 Tundra DC with the 5.7 engine. Leveling kit, K&N filter, 275/70 18 General Grabber AT2 with a Fisher 7.5