1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8-2 V on a Toyota Tundra

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by scms, Jul 20, 2010.

1. scms

scms Junior Member
    from indiana

I'm thinking about putting a Boss 8-2 poly V on a Toyota Tundra. I have my concerns, but a local Toyota dealer put some on last year and said they worked good. Any thoughts??
  2. springer HD

springer HD Junior Member

I would check the Boss website. They have a plow selector that does not recommend installing a 8'2" Poly V on a Toyota Tundra. The front end cant handle the weight.
  3. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

maybe a 7'6" v but IMO an 8'2" sags the front of my 3500 gmc a fair bit i'm getting timbrens to help it
  4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

No No No like the other thread I said that the poly v is an xt it weighs about 800 lbs. The steel v weighs less, but is not an xt. So that dealer is lying out of his ash and has no idea what be is talking about.
    You will probably snap your axle!

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yeah, probably not a very good idea. You'd pery max your front end out with a 7'6" V.
  6. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

7. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

If its the 2000-2006 forgot about it right now, but assuming its the newer 07+ body style it is doable just not recommended. A guy around here that owns a local landscaping/snow removal company bought an 08 Tundra from us and put a 8'6" stainless Fisher Xtreme V on it. I dont know what that Boss weighs but Fisher says the theirs weighs 876lbs with no accessories. It does squat the truck a fair amount though I dont know how much ballast he's using but I know it has the coil spring spacer kit in the front, im not sure if he's using Timbrens or not. I do know that he did break or crack a cross member in the front of it, I belive it supported the front differential but this truck is used commercially. Like I said it squats some but Ive seen 1/2 ton chevies with 7'6" reg duty plows squatted worse.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  8. ajslands

Boss power v poly is 795 that's an XT because boss dose not make a regular poly v, their steel v xt is 785 lbs.
    The lightest truck boss recomends is a 3/4 ton eg. F250
  9. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Not an approved application by Boss, not only will the truck not handle it but there are Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) that you would be in violation of, opening yourself to lawsuits should you ever have an accident with the plow on the truck (regardless of whether the accident is your fault or not).
  10. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Not a good idea.
  11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

If you want that size plow, buy a truck that will handle it easily for a long time, not one that may handle it.
  12. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree. Get you self a DuraMax. :D
  13. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I think it would work great. Alot of people say Tundras have a lite front end, but the seam to handle plows great. Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr8SJcT-F_Y to se a video of a 2008 Tundra with an 8' Fisher X Blade.
  14. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

As funny as this thread is, i believe you. I had my father tell me the toyota dealer in NJ near us last season had boss plows on new toyota tundras.. then he said one was bigger than what were running on the 06 F150 he uses in the winter... WHAT!

I said no way do they have over an 8 footer... i run either a 7'6 or 8 footer boss Superduty on that truck and its heavy but does the job well... no doubt though, they had an 8'2 V Boss on the front of one of those things, WTF!
  15. ajslands

It's gonna suck when your axle snaps and your out in BFE at 2 am!