1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8' 2" V installed for $4400. - Fair?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MarksTLC, Mar 8, 2007.

1. MarksTLC

MarksTLC Senior Member

Keep in mind in in PA.
    Does that sound reasonable?

Its Poly not steel. - Used for 1 year.
    It has curb gaurds and a snow deflector installed already.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2007
  2. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

HAve you checked Lafayette Welding in Trappe and Levan machine co in Fleetwood? They are athe closest Boss dealers for a comparison price.
  3. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

Check with 05HD guy. Hey got me some great prices on BOSS parts too -- maybe he can help you out.
  4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

A new one is right at 5 grand with smart locks, no deflector but new cutting edge (curb gaurds).

What kind of deflector? Boss one is a couple hundred.
  5. THE05HD

THE05HD Member
    from WI

pm sent !!

new style 8.2 poly v (loaded)

new style edges
    smart locks
    snow delector

$5350.00 installed
  6. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

That is a good price. I was quoted almost $5400 for the same blade this fall with out a deflector kit. Then another $300 for the deflector but its not a Boss one.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I paid just 5 grand for my 8'2'' ploy vee in the fall of 05. I didn't get the snow deflector or new cutting edges either. I did get the smartlocks, hitch and joystick controller with my plow and it was installed too. I will also add the dealer had to order the plow because he didn't have any instock so the plow wasn't a left over from 04 to 05. You know.