1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8.2 Power V

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Plowman2500HD, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Plowman2500HD

Plowman2500HD Junior Member
    from md

I am putting a boss 8.2 power v on my 2005 Chevy duramax. Has anyone had any problems with this combination? Any review on this plow would be helpful.

2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

You will have no issues with your truck. Maybe a few cranks on your T-bars or a set of Timbrens. It will handle it just fine. The Boss V, IMO, is the best out there. The 8'2" is also a good pick. The 9'2" is sometimes to big. Good luck and when its done show us some pics!
  3. Medicjdl

Medicjdl Member
    from 02893

I have the same set up. All I do is crank the T-bars and make sure you have about 750lbs of ballast in the bed. But It plows amazing.
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I am in the process of putting a 9'2" on my 07 OBS. You should be fine.:drinkup:
  5. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

The 8' 2" Steel Power V is Boss's classic, quintessential blade. This is the plow that made them famous, before the V-XTs came out. It is a good size for either residentials or commercial, can be easily expanded with wings, and saves quite a bit of time over standard straight blades.

The design is very simplistic, which makes repairs both easy and accessible. The direct lift system saves wear and tear on the front end and eliminates bounce during transport. The plow is a nice weight, not to heavy, but built sturdy.

Nice thing is, is that you can interchange between any Boss plow you want as long as you have the undercarriage and wiring.