1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8' 2" Power V XT

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kevin Kendrick, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

The Boss rep stopped by the other day and we mounted the new V XT to his truck to take around a show off. It looks mean!! His truck had some difficulty towing it around as we had to stop a few times to let his truck cool down. Of course, it was 90 degrees out too. But the reaction we got from potential customers was outstanding. Everyone on the road did double takes as we passed them by. Even got lucky enough that one guy had to have it and we dropped it on his lot.

VXT2.jpeg

View attachment VXT3.jpeg

VXT4.jpeg

VXT.jpeg

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

awesome! still havent seen one in person yet. maybe some dealer will have one at a country fair this year.

3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

That plow looks sick.. :nod: I like that. Kevin are you going to buy one?

4. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

No, I work for a company that distributes and installs them in the KC area. I love this site and hope I can help people with plow questions. It also helps me learn about different applications and problems.

We have the Boss & Sno-Way lines & this year we have the Fisher line as well. We sold 160 Boss plows last year with the limited amount of snow we got. Hoping for a whiter winter this year!! The calls are already coming in and it is still 90 degrees here.

5. Quality SR

Thats pretty cool. Good luck to you. That plow is awesome.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

No wonder it over heated it's a Chevy!:D

I love that plow!:salute:

7. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

now that looks like you can move some massive snow with that . someone better get video this winter of that in action

8. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

How about pricing,is it much more than a standard boss v plow.

I saw it on the boss web site,I WANT ONE!!!

But a 9'2"

9. Quality SR

It must be alot. Make sure you post pictures when you get it..

10. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

i got pricing of 5800 at a couple differint dealers for the 9.2 power v xt . seems resonable... however my buddy is a DEALER and he said he will give me cost, to im hoping he can beat the price by alot. im sure there is a decent mark up on these things. anyone know the markup of a usual plow?

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I posted this before, the local dealer said you can buy just the two halves for around 1300.00

12. Quality SR

It looks like the curb guards are built in to the cutting edge. Is this right? Also would the 2 halves fit on an older boss plow? I couldn't see buying a new Boss V only to take the wings off and replacing them XT wings.

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We bought the cutting edges with the curb guards for our 9'2. That cutting edge also gets rid of the centre puck.

14. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Just called a nearby dealer,I can get one till the end of the month for $5,050 installed,a 9.2V-XT . 8.2 is $4,800

If I can come up with the cash I'm gonna grab one.

15. hotshot4819

thats a great deal. i cant wait to get the price from my fread thats a dealer.

16. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I love the look of that plow and I bet it will be really nice in those long stretches of snow.

However, am I the only one that thinks the plow looks massive in size? LIKE TOO BIG? I mean it looks like it would swallow the truck its on.

17. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Looking at the spec's it's only 4 pounds more than a standard steel V for the 9.2

the 8.2 says 15 pounds more for the XT than the standard steel V

It just looks big because it flairs out from 30" in the center to 37" on the ends.

Besides it just looks bad a$$:cool:

18. hotshot4819

i love this plow. and will be getting it, my only thing is i would like to see some pics of it in differint positions and or a vidio of it in action,

19. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

20. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member