1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 8.2 Poly-V -OR- Meyers super v?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BRENTMAN, Dec 23, 2008.

1. BRENTMAN

BRENTMAN Senior Member

What would you guys rather go with...

2009 Ford F250 Super Duty with an 8'2" Boss V plow (poly)

or

2009 Ford F250 Super Duty with an 8'5" Meyer Super-V plow (steel)

i need answers asap if you can , thanks guys.

-ford dealers got both those trucks/plows and is willing to trade my saturn ion 3 for the meyer plow but not for the boss plow.....its only a $500 difference in my area for the plows...so what do you guys think, should i keep pushing for the boss?

2. BRENTMAN

BRENTMAN Senior Member

btw i'm financing the truck, so this is pretty much all about my car being a trade for the plow....any help would be cool.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Find out which brand has the best local dealer support and then go from there.

4. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Stay far away from a meyers v plow. Dont ask me how I know. I bought a boss this year.

5. BRENTMAN

BRENTMAN Senior Member

we have both dealers close by, i talked to the Boss dealer, he sounded like a genuine guy, gave me a full -out the door- quote on the plow in about 5 minutes, no BS, no beating around bushes.

Im leaning way more toward the boss...but the ford dealership has to come through....

6. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

whos the meyers dealer you would be going to?

7. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Buy the Boss, Boss plows are a far better plow than Meyer, every person I've known that owned a Meyer regreted buying the plow.

8. BRENTMAN

BRENTMAN Senior Member

im pretty sure AA hydrolics is the meyer dealer im thinking of, he also does hiniker.
    And Zoresco is a meyer dealer i believe.....

9. BRENTMAN

BRENTMAN Senior Member

i'm shooting 98% for the boss....i just wanted some input.
    Id love a boss or a snoway....even a Western...but i dont want meyer.
    I'd be another dude on here complaining about my meyer breaking

10. BRENTMAN

BRENTMAN Senior Member

the only way i'd get the truck with the meyer is if the ford dealership really knocked down some digits....and i mean significantly... i'm not talkin about no 300 bucks
    Car sales are in the dumps right now, so hopefully theyll budge.
    I concluded from talking to them, that they paid $5500 for the meyer, and about $6000 for the boss.....yet they wont accept my saturn ion for the boss, but they will for the meyer.....then they called back later and said to add $350 if i want the meyer....lol i dont think so...
    If they want business, theyll let me finance the truck and accept my saturn for the boss....if not, then ill go elsewhere. Maybe a Dodge?

11. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I'd never ever go to zoresco for anything after the meyers problems I had. At first they were taking care of me and fixing my plow. After I had a million problems with it they would never return my calls. They obviously knew me by name. I had no choice but to buy parts from someone else and fix it with my uncle. I wasnt too thrilled my dumptruck I bought last year had a zoresco installed body on it. But it was a sweet truck and now CET owns it. Anyways, stay away from zoresco and meyers. I got my boss at Oreilly equipment in newbury. Its a good plow and a good dealer.

12. BRENTMAN

BRENTMAN Senior Member

good advice man thanks. Zoresco is where they got the meyer, the "plow expert" at Ford told me that. I'm not about to go with the Meyers....hopefully theyll budge on the truck with the Boss.....like i said its only $500 extra, i dont see what their deal is.
    Anyway, newbury is kind of far from me, i think...not sure....but i know theres a boss dealer in North Ridgville i believe...i called them for a quote and like i said, they were real helpful, the guy was quick and To-The-Point.......Anyways, my mind is made up.....I want the truck with the Boss, its on John Lance Ford to make the deal happen, or its off.....
    thanks for the input man, i appreciate advice like that....merry christmas

13. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

yup no problem. Newbury is 45 minutes away from me. There is 2 closer boss dealers but I like Oreilly, Nice small place, all they do is plows and trailers. Merry christmas to you all

14. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

same truck....Meyer or Boss, dealers are close, 500 bucks in difference.

You'd be a fool to take the Meyer.

Scrounge up 500 bones and put that with your ion and get the Boss.

15. BRENTMAN

BRENTMAN Senior Member

Thats what i told them, but for some reason they havnt budged for the boss....its like they got it, and dont want to get rid of it....They said theyd give me the meyer for the ion + $350.......i told them i'd give them the Ion for the boss, period....car sales are low, the economy sucks, especially in the auto industry...so theyd be fools not to take my deal...Theres no reason why i should add a few hundred bucks....No one else is going to give them a better deal....its the last week of 08, we'll see if they make some commision money...if not, its not the end of the world, i'll just figure something else out