1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 7ft 6, lift/angle problems , possible controller problems?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by FeelLikeANumber, Jan 16, 2011.

1. FeelLikeANumber

FeelLikeANumber Member

I have a 7ft 6in standard boss. This is the third year of plowing with it and have never had problems until this year. I've torn up ALOT of grass this year and feel its due to the fact that the plow doesnt always raise up as quick as it used to sometimes it angles one way but wont angle back to straight without hesitating first. Last night I went to raise the plow a few times and could hear the pump trying to lift but it was seriously about a 3 second delay before it even started to lift. A buddy of mine changed the fluid but im not sure if he completely cleared the lines and maybe if this is just air in the lines? Also my hand controll doesnt seem to like the cold weather this year. On colder days it wont turn on until the truck warms up. I know electrical devices act funny in the cold but some days like this morning its 18 degrees out and still wont turn on. I looked at some of the wires and unhooked the plow and controller and rehooked them back up but it just seems weird. I dont know if both problems are related because of the controller. Any advice would be helpful, I think unless its a simple fix im gonna probably bring it to the dealership tomorrow, i just dont want to go in there with no prior knowledge and be wasting money I dont have. Thanks

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Double check the fluid level. You can do this by taking the cap off the fill on the passenger side of the plow. Have it on the truck, and look and see if the fluid is at the bottom of the elbow. (There will be a pic on the side of the plow showing this) it is possible the controller is on its way out, I know they have some issues with the smart touch 2 controllers.