1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 7'6" V Plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by odd1or2even, Aug 24, 2009.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

I'm looking to purchase a V Plow for my 04 GMC Sierra 2500. I'm currently using Myers MDII mount with a 8 foot plow and I keep loosing snow off the sides when plowing parking lots.

My concern is the Boss 7'6" V plow that I've found. It's only 3 years old with the smart hitch, and it's a great price but I was wondering if I put wings on the plow if it's be too much to plow driveways with the plow and wings? How large are the wings, and how quickly do you go through the rubber edges? I live outside of Philadelphia, PA and we only get about 5-8 plow able events (if that) a year and average 22" a year. Any help would be great.

Steve

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A 7.6 with wings will be just fine for 99% of the average drives. And for those other 1% simply slide one or both of the wings off. Versatility at it's finest.

With your local snowfall estimates the edges on the genuine Boss wings will last you a long time.