1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 7'6 Sport Duty

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by spartan1, Mar 4, 2008.

1. spartan1

spartan1 Junior Member

I'm looking into the Sport Duty for plowing a driveway(200 ft) and a small business parking lot. Anyone using the Boss Sport Duty for similar work? The plow would be going on an 08 Tundra CrewMax. Should I look into the Standard Duty set-up or will the Sport Duty get the job done? How effective is it in backdragging?

Any input is appreciated.

2. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

Not sure on the sport duty. I went with the standard duty for my driveway and my work.

3. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Hello and Welcome to Plowsite.

I am sure your answer is waiting for you. When you arrive at Plowsite on the page if you scroll down to about the middle of the page you will find the boss discussion and answers to your original question ALSO you can hit the search tab and a yellow box will appear and you can type in Boss or Standard duty and you will find tons more

Good luck and welcome aboard

4. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

I run a 7.6 Sport on my 2004 f-150. I use it to do my "runway" my neighbors drives, 4 decent size parking lots and a few friends and family's places along the way. So far it has worked out great for me and I have been clumsy a few times and hit some parking curbs with it or a few other unseen objects, but thats just part of plowing. Last week I cleared a foot at a time with it with no issues.

For what you plan to do with it, I'm sure it will be just fine.
    [​IMG]

5. bstout

bstout Member

I run the 7' 6" Sport Duty on my 05 Tundra for my half mile driveway and it works great!

DSCF0521.JPG

6. springer HD

springer HD Junior Member

The Sport Duty is a great little blade but my motto in plowing is 'bigger is better'. Go with the Standard Duty if your truck can handle it. You'll be happier in the long run.

7. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

How much did you guys pay for the sport duties

8. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

About $3800 installed, which in my area is a good price.