1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 7'6" instalation on 04 Cummins 2500

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by AL THE MAN, Oct 26, 2009.

AL THE MAN Member
    from Chicago

I recently bought a ram 2500, and just earlier today purchased a boss SD 7 6.(wish it was the heavy duty)

It came with the entire set up for my truck, for a decent price. I couldnt pass it up.

My question is, do I need to drill anything while installing the mount...

Im gonna print out the install instructions from the Boss website, but any tips you vets can give me would be awsome. Install starts in t-minus 2 days....

Im just curious about the frame mount, also any tips on wiring that sucker in would be great,.,..I dont know if its all plug and play or cut and stray.

Note: my truck didnt have that sno plow prep from the dealer (I have no clue what they do anyway from the factory with that___)
  2. M1N1TRK

M1N1TRK Member

Well I hate to bust on you but I hope you plan on putting wings of some sort on that plow....That plow is no wider then your tires in the straight position, never mind angled.

As far as holes to drill there will be a few that you will need to do on the frame of the truck to get the angled arms to mount up, but just follow the instructions and you will be fine

AL THE MAN Member
    from Chicago

I plan on welding some wings on that sucker after winter, this season Im just gonna deal with it....

The hydro's are the same for the <9" super dutys, so I know they wont be a problem.

There wernt any mount instructins on boss's website, Im gonna try ang get em off a fellow plowsite member....
  4. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

AL THE MAN Member
    from Chicago

sweet thank you, I did download all the instructions from the boss website, went to kinkos and paid like 10$ to print 2 copies of install manual and owners manual.

When you put your plow on, did you have any hickups or was it straight forward?...I got the same ram setup as you,....

AL THE MAN Member
    from Chicago

a lil update, I got the mount on fine,....burned up a few drill bits tho....

I messed up on the hieght tho, Im at 14 inches, I need to be at 15.5 to 16...

Im gonna adjust that 2mrw.....

also, I couldnt do the harness tonight cause the headlights had a different style connector....(for the 06 headlights) I go the 04 older lamps...gonna take a ride to cpw and see what they could do for me.
  7. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i hate doing the newer dodges, i usealy get out of putting the undercarrage's on lol

should work well for you though!
  8. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

I didn't have any problems. Bought a new drill bit prior to drilling all the holes. Only bolts that I did not put in where the ones in the front of the frame that point upward. I left the brackets in there to keep the frame from collapsing. Other then that not sure where you put the connectors. I stuck them next to my driver side town hook but had to use a piece of aluminum as a bracket when connected to the bumper for strength. Other then that works great.

AL THE MAN Member
    from Chicago

I just got finished with the install......Those bolts that point straight up were a pain in the butt to put in, you have to fish them arround to get them to screw in the nuts....

I drilled 2 holes in my bumper and mounted the connections like that....

My next step is to coat all the bolts with a light film of grease, and to install the lower lip on my bumper after I cut out the plow lips....

I burned up a 20$ bit I bought at true value, ended up buying a 3 $ one at menards that was kick ass.....tool store bits are a+ for the money.....

btw, I used medium speed on both bits with cutting oil....

Install is not hard, just a lil time consuming.....instructions help 100%, good thing boss posts them...

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

Don't put a light film of grease on bolts, gob a bunch of grease on them, can't hurt a thing. Grease goes away in a hurry with salt water blasting it. As for your earlier question about snow plow prep packages, don't worry about it. The Cummins trucks come with everything already. Battery, trans cooler, heavy alternator, and prob clearance lights. As for the 7'6" blade, unless you have wide tires or offset custom wheels on it you will be fine covering your tracks. Mount your blade, stand on the pedal and help push the Chevy's and Ford's out of the drifts.
  11. Koonta

Koonta Junior Member

I've been pushing a 7'6" around for about 7 yrs. wouldn't mind wings for a couple a parking lots but for drives it works great.