1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 7'6" gets hung sticks on right angle

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by odd1or2even, Jan 30, 2016.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

I have a spare plow that seems to stick on the far right angle. I've checked the fluid level, but after turn it to the right.. the pump just runs but it doesn't move. Then I let go of the controller, and try it again and it'll move it. Or if you wait long enough the plow will release itself and turn left.

The cylinders did have a little pitting on the angle arms. I was going to take a little emery cloth and try to polish them not to cut the seals.

Any thoughts?

Steve

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

While your trying it, might need to test light the coil to see if your getting signal to it. Might be the coil going out.

3. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

Do you by chance know which valve/coil that is and the color of the wires off the top of your head? Thanks

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No. Not really a boss guy. Try there website for the wiring diagrams

5. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

does the motor continue to run or does it stop at full right angle, and then when you try to get it to go full left angle, the motor runs but stalled and doesnt turn the blade? I know most times its the connector on the front of the truck, ONE pin of the 13 isn't making good contact OR 1 out of 10 times that happens, its the connection at the controller in the truck hooking to the wireing harness, ive seen guys spill stuff down the cord that gets down there or hit it with their foot "wet/salty etc", causes bad connection or corrosion.

7. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

I had the same problem years ago. It was the ground at he angle coil. Pulled it off and cleaned everything and it was fine. Don't over tighten the connection. It will bind the valve.