1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 7'6"& F-150

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by THUNDERBOLT, Aug 23, 2007.

1. THUNDERBOLT

THUNDERBOLT Junior Member

Is a BOSS 7'6" super duty plow to much for a 05 F-150 extended cab with a 4.6 V8? Thanks for any help.:waving: :waving:

2. Prof Touch L&L

Prof Touch L&L Member

If you go to the Boss website they will be able to match a plow to your truck. My guess is if its a steel unit, it probably is. You may have to go with a poly blade.

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm pretty sure the poly is heavier than the steel because of the extra bracing needed.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Yes they are heavier.

5. THUNDERBOLT

THUNDERBOLT Junior Member

blade

Yes it is the steel blade. Just want to make sure it is not to much for my truck. I found one used for a good price. Thanks for any input.:waving:

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

how big

i would keep with the sport duty plow !

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I am planning on hanging a 8ft2in boss steel v off my chevy halfton so I wouldn't worry to much about the straight blade, but I don't know much about fords either.

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Boss makes a sport duty 7'6'' plow that is poly. I am not sure what kind of plowing you are doing but if it is just your drive and say 5 others that would be fine. I wouldn't think that, that plow you are looking at would be to heavy if you added timberns. I had a 7'6'' super duty on my 91 chevy half ton short box reg cab. It squated like a pita but it work and I never had a problem. I have sence upgraded to a three quarter ton hd gmc with a vee on it.