1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 7.6" V-plow smart hitch 2 for sale

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by trooper264, Nov 4, 2008.

1. trooper264

trooper264 Junior Member
    from NY

Looking to get rid of my boss v-plow 7.6" smart hitch 2, only used for my own driveway. purchased brand new in 2002. will settle for $3300.00 obo. can post pics if wanted

2. plowtime1

plowtime1 Senior Member

Junior, please post pics..thanks

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

pics or ban!!!!

4. trooper264

trooper264 Junior Member
    from NY

Boss V-Plow Pics

Boss V-Plow Pics

100_6134.jpg

100_6135.jpg

100_6136.jpg

100_6137.jpg

100_6143.jpg

5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Whats the mount for? Harness?

6. trooper264

trooper264 Junior Member
    from NY

The smart hitch 2 attaches to the boss sub-frame on the truck, real easy hook-up takes about 1-2 min. I just had a new sub-frame put on my chevy 1500 and would be willing to get rid of that as well. The plow sub-frames are different for each truck. A wiring harness would have to be ordered that will fit your truck. I don't know much about the technical stuff but I hope I answered your question.

7. trooper264

trooper264 Junior Member
    from NY

Pin Receiver for Smart Hitch 2 fits 2004 Chevy 1500

Pin receiver for Smart Hitch 2 for sale. Was put on new in April of 2008. Never used for actual plowing. I would sell this item if it fits your needs.

100_6140.jpg

8. NBI Lawn

Just to clarify, you are selling just the plow for $3300 and a mount is available for additional $$$ and there is no wire harness?

9. trooper264

trooper264 Junior Member
    from NY

I will clarify. The plow is for sale for $3300 and the mount (pin receiver) is for sale seperately. I believe I paid around $100.00 for the pin receiver mount and will sell for same. The wiring harness is installed on my truck and I have no idea how to get it off without paying someone to do it. So I believe the easiest way would be for someone to just order their own harness. For the record, I am including with the plow a hand held remote which is an $125.00 upgrade from the standard.

10. THEGOLDPRO

Its looks resprayed? damn 3300 is alot

11. trooper264

trooper264 Junior Member
    from NY

It had some minor surface rust in spots, I sand blasted them and repainted where needed. I like my stuff to look good. I'm not dead set on that price and will negotiate with any serious buyers. Brand new this plow costs about $4600.00 which doesn't include the "smart controller" hand remote for $125.00.

12. NBI Lawn

True but $4600 included the mount and harness... 6-7 year old plow.

Not bashing your ad, just trying to help get this sold for you, but that is way too much money for just the blade. New mount and harness could run anywhere from $800-$1000 for a V-plow

13. trooper264

trooper264 Junior Member
    from NY

spoke with a local Boss dealer today and they want $5100 for brand new full setup. They also quoted me $4100 just to buy the blade itself. I'd be willing to drop my price down to $3000. I can't emphasize enough how good of shape this plow is in. It was only used for non-commercial. I would be willing to travel a little bit to assist with this sale. Serious offers call me 716-982-1600 cell.

14. 04ram2500hd

04ram2500hd Junior Member
    from ny

do you till have the plow and where in ny are you located?

15. A-1 Lawn Care

A-1 Lawn Care Junior Member

V plow

Trooper,

I Live in Cincinnati Ohio. I would like to take it off your hands. I have 6 Boss plows and adding a 7th I don't know how bad you need to get rid of it but I know everything about them. If you take the hitch off and include in price I will drive there and I will Take wiring harness out of truck and drive it home I'll give you $1800 cash I think most people on here would a agree that $2000 is a fair price. Not saying I don't believe you but did you tell him it had rust spots. I don't know why but with these plows once they start no matter what you do it gets worse from experience. thanks Rich 513-623-4401

16. THEGOLDPRO

i would say its worth more like 2200-2500

17. THEGOLDPRO

It cost me 1300 to put my rt3 on my dodge and that was with a normal straight blade controller so add alittle more for the vblade one

18. polska1

polska1 Junior Member

i would say $2300 is fair that plow is not new

19. trooper264

trooper264 Junior Member
    from NY

Sold Plow

thanks for the interest. plow has been sold

20. itzkcatz

itzkcatz Member
    from CT

Feel sorry for that guy