1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 7.6 standard with pro wings?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by pavwa, Dec 7, 2011.

1. pavwa

pavwa Member

I'm thinking about getting some pro wings for my standard duty, I don't really want to spend the big bucks on the boss wings so I think the pro's are the way to go for me. I was wondering if any of you guys have any pics of the pro wings on a boss standard duty or any pics at least on a straight blade. I want to kind of get an idea on what I'm in for on the install before I go to the store to pick them up. ( so I can get any tools I may need). I kind of looked around on the site but couldn't find many pics. Thanks in advance.

2. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I know when you add the Boss wings, they have that extra support bar that gets installed on the plow itself that the wings slide into. It also adds extra support for the wings. I'm sure you could prob add the wings you are talking about, I'd look into adding some kind of extra support to the back side of the low though. Can't hurt.

3. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Spend the $$$$ on the Boss wings. Worth every penny.

4. pavwa

pavwa Member

I actually got the wings for free ( well sort of free)so there is no reason for me to give them up, plus i am thinking of upgrading next season possibly so i"am just gonna stick with the pro wings for now. Hopefully I will pick them up by the weekend and put them on. Thanks

5. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

I have a boss 7'6 standard duty and i was thinking about putting wings on myself too but moneys tight and didnt want to spend the big bucks. Can you please post a pic with the pro wings when you get them? i would like to check them out!

6. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

I have a boss 7'6 standard duty and i was thinking about putting wings on myself too but moneys tight and didnt want to spend the big bucks. Can you please post a pic with the pro wings when you get them? i would like to see what they look like

7. pavwa

pavwa Member

boss wings.jpg

boss wing.jpg

boss wings1.jpg

Hopefully I did the pics the right way, if so here are a couple pics of the pro wings on a 7.6 standard boss plow. They were pretty easy to put on for the most part, as long as you have sharp drill bits....

boss wings.jpg

boss wing.jpg

boss wings1.jpg

8. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

pro wings

Nice! I like those a lot! Do you mind saying how much you paid for them? Did it come with all the parts to install them? Thanks for posting those:)

9. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

The only thing extra we did was put a tack weld to hold the bolts on the plow, they vibrated loose.

Then, we just started welding the brackets on because it was easier than drilling.

Jim at ESI trucks (site sponsor) usually has a great price. Probibally (dont quote me) around 175 plus shipping.

10. pavwa

pavwa Member

I agree with the welds, I will eventually weld all the brackets in place once my welder is wired up as we just moved into a new house and the barn isnt wired with 220. But I got them as a trade for service ( lawn maintenance) but i think they are around $250 give or take and they come with all the brackets and bolts for both wings...all you will need is a 1 1/8th hole saw and a corded drill to cut the mold board for the main pins. and a 3/8ths drill bit for the bolts for the 4 brackets unless you weld them, and a 1/2 bit to drill the holes in the rubber. It takes longer to get the nerve up to actually cut holes in the plow than to finish the job.

11. pavwa

pavwa Member

Did you just weld the brackets onto the mold board or did you weld the pins onto the brackets also? (So the wings cant come off of the plow at all...)

12. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Looks good Think I would replace the cutting edge Start with a new edge with the new wings

13. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Just weld the brackets.

14. pavwa

pavwa Member

I was gonna try to push it 1 more year on the edge, I still have a good 4in left from the mold board, i know the corners are a little more worn than the middle of the cutting edge but its only about 1/2 to 3/4of an inch difference. When do all you guys replace your cutting edges?

15. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

When they get to the point, that it might start damaging the blade.......
    Cutting edges are costly, gotta get every penny outta them.

16. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Look less of wear edge it looks like 4'' total with close to 2'' of wear left
    If you have 4'' of wear left then run it
    Most time I replace mine around 1'' or wear left on the edge
    I run 8'' cutting edges instead of the 6'' most people buy