1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss 7' 6" - Good Plow??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by EGLC, Sep 2, 2008.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Is a Boss 7' 6" plow a good "fit" for a Ford F-250? Also is $2500 reasonable for a one year old plow?

2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

yep, if that's mount and truck side it's a fine deal. You could go bigger on that truck easy.

I paid $2400 for a superduty with everything a couple years ago. I have it on a half ton.

Good luck

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Depends on whether the truck is a regular cab or not.

It would be fine for a reg cab truck, but too narrow on anything longer.

It is a super duty plow correct?

4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Way to small in my opinion. The smallest plow ive used is a 8' plow and it seems small to me. I dont think a 9' should be out of the question, or a 9.5' V if you want a V plow.

5. Indy

Indy Senior Member

Thankfully, thats why God invented wings:angel:,Boss wings!

6. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Yah, I think the 7' 6" would be a little small......I really was looking for a 8' 6". Guess I'll keep looking.

7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I run a 7'6 fisher on my 2500 hd crew cab....i have not had any problems with it, yet again i have only push snow 4 times with it!;)

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'd want a wider blade if you tried one. :nod:

Unless of course your paid by the hour. ;)

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Ur always spot on B&B.....i do get paid by the hour!:D

Im workin on the snow deflector, i pulled the plow out yesterday! Should have pics soon! Thanks for ur help!:waving:

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I thought so....it's usually the full-size guys running the smaller plows that are. payup

Be sure to post them up. Like to see other guys projects. :waving:

11. homey1

homey1 Member

Love my Boss!

12. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I hear you on the per hour, but I already have a few driveways lined up myself and an 8' or bigger would be nice......

13. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Yeah man thats just me....def go with a 8! You will def like it better, B&B also talk to me about some problems i may have with a small balde in deep snow. Def go with the 8, i have a fisher. But the boss and sno-way blades are just as good, or perhaps even better!

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The piles of snow on either side of the narrow path cleared by the fully angled "small" plow can cause body damage and cause problems with snow pack from running over the un-plowed snow with your rear wheels. Stacking can be an issue as the snow spilling from the sides of the blade can end up on the truck. I'm sure Mike can add a few but there's a start.

15. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

OK, so a 7.5' is definitely out

16. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thanks basher......B&B pm and let me kno alot also.....thanks again....If i get the money i will def try to upgrade to a 8 ft!

Thanks, Tim

Yeah Jared def!