1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS 1100 Tailgate Salter

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Boss429, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Boss429

Boss429 Junior Member

BOSS 1100 Tailgate salter in good condition. Worked good when we put it away 2 years ago. This is the power attach model. Comes with salter, all wiring, and hitch for your Ford, Chevy, or Dodge truck. $ 1600.00

2. rjjahner

rjjahner Member

WHat do you mean this is the power attach model? I have a boss salt spreader as well a 800 lb and it just slides into a receiver. Very interested. (920)246-4055 Thanks Ryan

3. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

probably wont get a response from the OP but if you look on boss's site, they offer a smart hitch system for the spreader. just roll it up to the truck and it mounts like a smart hitch plow. never seen it in action but my local plow dealer says its pretty sweet. worth the little bit of extra money.

4. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

I have one of these.. basically it has a rolling cart, you plug it in raise it up, hook it to the truck, push the switch the other way it locks in and you are good to go.. Any pics of this unit? I could use another one
    Thank you,
    Mike

5. rjjahner

rjjahner Member

Thanks. I just have a TGS 1100 and it just slides into receiver.. Power tach not sure what that meant thought it was like for a PTO like on a tractor. Thanks guys

6. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

No problem, let me know if you want to sell your TGS1100

7. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

Not to steal his thread, but I have 2 of these I'd sell at least one of them if I'm closer to anyone. I'm not a fan of the power attach as I've had motor problems with one of them, and finally converted it over to a receiver mount last year. If the motor ever goes bad, and they will.... you have to buy the complete shaft and motor package for no less than 650 bucks. I pull the motors apart every year to clean them which helps. PM me if you interested or any questions. 1500 bucks each for the receiver mount one, or the power attach one. If I'm not closer please buy this one, cause I don't wanna be that guy!

8. rjjahner

rjjahner Member

What do you mean I purchased one last year and it is way better than the snow ex I had before. Not 1 problem with the boss.... Do you have a TGS 1100? receiver mount with all wires and controller? (920)246-4055

9. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

I bought the first one 5 years ago, and the second one 2 years ago. The one that went bad worked great for the first 3 years, then I had problems all the time, finally last year I just converted it after having the motor rebuilt once. The one that is still a quick attach still works fine but you can tell it gets a little slowed towards the end of the season. Both are a TGS 1100. I've also had an issue with the controller a few times. Actual spreading works great! And we clean them after each storm and coat them with fluid film.

10. rjjahner

rjjahner Member

well after 3 years it should be paid for right? anyways, I havent oiled mine or cleaned it at all except pressure washed it after the snow season and it still runs fine. well sorry yours doesnt work as good. Thanks for the input. what do you use a snowex 1875?

11. ff610

ff610 Senior Member

No I've gotten away from tailgates. I've only run these Boss for the past years. Heck these things pay for themselves in one year! I use v-Box and undertailgates now.

12. rjjahner

rjjahner Member

Roger that. True they do pay for themselves in no time. What do you get per acre to plow?

I have a 6 acre lot that needs to be plowed and its wide open just curious what you would get..